How can i achieve this in BEx?

Thanks in advance

MD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD,

If I understand correctly, you need to display total based on char. Then you can select result rows for this particular char. If result is not not giving correct value, then you can also create a formula variable displaying this KF and set exception aggregation as summation for this char.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My characteristics has lot's of values, so when one particular value changes, i need the total of the same till the value ends.

in above screenshot u can see.

Regards

MD

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before char1 i.e showing values 10,20 , do you another char that contains info realted to char like (sales document no/plant/material/prfct) if we have 2 chars then this calculation can be possible.

like applying result rows for char2 only 10,20.. then sub total as mentioned above it will display.

Thanks.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes i have other chars also but result rows will not work. see the below screenshot for better view:

Regards

MD

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you applied any conditions ? if so remove conditions and check once.

Thanks.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a simple BEx query Seshu, no condition or exceptions has been define.

Regards

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I understood from above screenshot is you net total based on char9 for particular date i.e. char1. Am I right?... If yes, you can use result rows for char9. Else please clarify your requirement.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

If i use Result rows for char9 it will show line by line total. Which i don't need

Requirement:

I need total of 110 till it change to 120, then total of 120 till it change to 110 and then total of 110 till it change to 100 and same for 100 as well.

so total of 110 = 108+114 = 222

total of 120 = 118+57+126+117 = 418

and so on.........

Regards

MD

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

change   kfg1 with properties as calculate result as summation.

Thanks.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tired calculate result, cumulative but no help. the result is cumulative

sorry i forget to mention one thing here . This KF is a formula and Exception aggregation has been used in it.

Regards

MD

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try calculate result as summation for that created formuls (Includes exception aggregation) and check once it might  work.

Thanks

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried result as summation, unfortunately not working as required.

Regards

Manna

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to create copy of kfg1 into new formula and make calculate result as summation , and in advanced tab of that formula put  use result of this formula (Eliminate formula collision) it will work.

Thanks.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Seshu i don't see summation

Regards

Manna

Former Member
0 Kudos

MD, you can select total here.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manna,

In previous reply you said 

I tried result as summation, unfortunately not working as required  at Jul 21, 2014 12:24 PM .

How you applied there ?

I think  Total   acts as : SUMMATION ,  try to apply Total and check once. (Make sure use result of this formula in advanced tab)

i am able to see in my  SYS .

Thanks.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

unfortunately again no help.

thanks guys helping me simultaneously

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said, you are using exception aggregation for this formula.  If you are already using some meaningful defination for exception aggregation, then you can create one more formula over your KF formula and try below, OR else you can you try this in you existing formula:

And make reference characteristic as char9. Remove upper setting calculate result as total and please confirm what result you get .

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manna,

A very simple way of doing it is adding a selection to your query. Select your key figure in it and add char as constant selection. that will solve your problem. But in each row it will show the total amount.

Regards

Yasemin...

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

I tried your suggestion, it showing total for all as you mentioned, which i don't want.

Kind Regards

Manna

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manna,

If you have any characteristic that will help you decide on which row the subtotal should be viewed, then you can achieve your requirement. You could get this value with replacement path, and add a formula to your query where you write a formula such as

(Replacement_Path_Variable = The_Value_for_the_total_to_be_shown, KF, 0)

Regards

Yasemin...