SAP for Consumer Products Discussions
Share ideas and solve challenges on branding, personalization, and supply chain optimization with fellow SAP users in consumer products. Join a discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging and Printing Industry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know under which industry category is "Packaging and Printing Industry" is it consumer product or what.

Regards,

Ahmed Rouby

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Print (as in Printing companies) is in Media. Creating final packing, including the printing of the container, would fall into Media also.

Kurt Kyle, Senior Principal, Media, Sports, and Entertainment Industry

0 Kudos

Hello Ahmet,

if you focus on the packaging part, this would be part of mill products. There we cover all sorts of packaging, paper or foil-based (flexible) packaging, corrugated packaging and also glass, cans and others.

The printing is, as Kurt mentioned, Media-

Luckily there are good SAP partners that cover both packaging & printing - independent of SAP's internal industry assignment.

Let me know if you need a contact.

Regards,

Stefan Weisenberger

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Can you give us demonstration on Printing and Packaging Industries if you have any implimentation

Regards,

Ravi

+91 9737895859

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,
happy to help. Can you give me a few more details? What kind of packaging would you be looking at? Corrugated box, foil, metals, glass - or anything else? We are in the packaging industry for a long time. Help me understand what you're specifically looking for?

Let me also point you to our mill products landing page:
https://www.sap.com/industries/mill-products.html where we talk about the Canadian paper & packaging company Cascades and their success with us.

If you have a chance to travel (later this year in September): We will run an SAP event for the Forest Products, Paper & Packaging industry in Madrid where we bring our global community of SAP experts, partners and customers in this industry together.

Thanks and best regards,
Stefan