cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many user version ADS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are considering to make use of the ADS server 11.1 for our web based services. Internally we need 10 workstations connected to ADS handling all requests. How many user version would we need? Please note that our webclients are not directly connected to ADS.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chrisfranz
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lars,

In general Advantage is licensed per concurrent user for all LAN users. If you are accessing Advantage data through a middle tier, such as a web server, you need to purchase an Advantage Internet Connector (AIC) license.

With the release of version 11 we also added an option for mobile devices called the Advantage Web Platform which is licensed per device.

Based on your question I would recommend purchasing an AIC license and at least 10 additional user licenses to cover your LAN users.

You should contact your sales representative or send an e-mail to AdvantageInfo@SAP.com for pricing information.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Currently my customer using ADS 10 with 20 concurrent users for LAN. The license was purchased on Dec 12th, 2012 thru Sybase iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. directly, where the customer is in Malaysia.

The moment they want to increase the number of users. I have sent an email as mentioned to AdvantageInfo@SAP.com for pricing information since Jul 27th, 2014. However, to date still get no response.

Could you help?

Thanks.

-Jet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jet,

I'll forward this to one of the sales team and see if we can figure out what happened. 

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just managed to chat with Umar and already forwarded the email to him and will wait for the response. Since we are in different time zone of 12 hours apart, will wait for the email.

Thanks Edgar