cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display smaller values relative to larger ones

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to plot a bar chart with values starting from 14,000 to 7 million. My problem is 14,000 will not be shown until hover the mouse over it, which is very painful.

Any ways to display both so that 14,000 is also visible to the user. I searched for zoom functionality but none of them can zoom over one bar.

Appreciate your help.

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Are you getting the below issue:

I have 4 values a = 50000 b = 111152 c = 1256458 and d = 61457851

when I preview the dashboard my "a" label is missing.

Let me know if it is the same, if not please help me with more details of your issue.

Thanks,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

My 'a' label is not missing, instead the value is missing. If i hover my mouse, it will show the value but user cannot see the bar. My labels are fixed, 12 months from Jan - Dec. Each month will show the current year and previous year value.

Say i select 2010, the chart should show current year and previous year values for each month.

Hope you got it.

Thanks,
Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please attach the screenshot of the chart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached screenshot.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

That is the way that the chart behave's logically speaking how its possible to show the 6 Million value for Oct & Thousand(1000) value for Jan. Only possible way would to use the logarithmic option in the scale which can display the values, at the  same time please educate the customer on this.

For better clarification i have attached the screenshots below. Check the scale.

Hope this Helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Suman.

But customer is expecting some kind of zoom option for the end users.

Any suggestions.

Arun

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please educate the customer on this zooming the chart will not allow the chart to increase the scale on the whole from 500 to 1M, it will just enlarge the view and scale will extended. you can use the above option i have given and use the zoom.

Revert for any clarification on this.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman.

But log scale wont work because all other charts scale are linear.

Arun

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct, but customer needs to understand the limitation on this.