cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Schedule reports to SFTP server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Can some one please give me an examples for scheduling reports to SFTP server using BOBJ SDK?

Regards,

Rakhy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakhy,

You cannot schedule a report to SFTP and also it is not supported by SAP.

The same cannot be achieved thtrough CMC/BIlaunchpad and hence it is not possible to achive the same though sdks as there is no option available to schedule a report to SFTP.

SAP BI 4.x does not provide any Build- In functionality to use the SFTP protocol with the Scheduler.
Refer to the SAP Note below
http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1782625

There is a workaround given at the link below is applicable to XI R2. You can probably implement that with your environment.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31576

You can use BOBJ SDKs to Schedule a report to Unmanged Disk and then create a program object which will trigger its schedule as an file base event occurs  and send the report to SFTP.

Thanks,
Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prithvi,

As a POC, I would like to schedule reports and transfer it to my desktop and then from desktop I will transfer it to SFTP.

How can I schedule reports to my desktop?

Regards,

Rakhy.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To schedule to your desktop you will have to set up a share that points to your desktop and then schedule the report in BO to that share using a UNC path (DO NOT map it as a drive - BO won't "see" it!)

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell,

Can you please give me an example to set up a share that points to desktop? I am trying to do this via  an application using BOBJ SDK.

Regards,

Rakhy.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is something that you would do in Windows - it's not something you would do in your application.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakhy,

Refer to the sample at

Using this sample you can schedule a report to disk.

You would need to add the File System option in the adaptive Job server destinations tab(I am considering you are on BI 4.x version)

You would need to set the destination where you want to report to be schedule. Refer to the sample and you would understand where to specify the destination.

Now as Dell mentioned you would set a UNC path of your network share  in your destination to have a report to a particular location.

Thanks,

Prithvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prithvi/Dell,

I shall try that and update you guys.

Regards,

Rakhy.

Answers (0)