cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP6 - Severe error(s) occurred in phase PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are at the "extraction" stage of our EHP6 upgrade for pre-prod system, this serves as rehearsal for the execution of the same upgrade in production system.

However, SUM is stopped due to below error.

SUM - EXTRACTION phase stops at PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG, showing the error message below:

Severe error occurred in phase PREP_INPUT/KX_CPYORG!

Last error code set is: Failed to copy 1 files, check 'KX_CPYORG.LOG' for details

And checking from log, it shows "4EETQ399 Source file 'exe_syb.lst' missing!". This file doesn't exist anywhere in the system. Also, checking from logs of previous EHP6 upgrade in our DEV and QAS systems, this file doesn't exist. And instead of "exe_syb.lst", what has been copied from previous upgrades is 'exe_db6.lst'. We are at HP-UX and DB6.

Logs:

4EETQ399 Source file 'exe_syb.lst' missing!

1 ETQ399 Copied 821 files.

1EETQ399 Last error code set is: Failed to copy 1 files, check 'KX_CPYORG.LOG' for details

1EETQ204 Upgrade phase "KX_CPYORG" aborted with severe errors ("20140721180154")

Please advise how to fix.

Regards,

Philip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

It appears to me that the upgrade tool is looking for the Sybase related kernel files and that is why it is looking for the exe_syb.lst file.

If you are sure that the stack file and the files used are correct then create a dummy file in the kernel location and repeat the phase and see if that helps.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raegan,

May I just ask if you have an idea, why would you think SUM asks for a sybase-related file if our database is DB2?

Thanks for your help.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I know that the tool reads the instance.lst file and if this happening only on DB2 environment then possibly a bug in the SUM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your feedback.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Thanks all to your response. We are now able to proceed with the SUM tool, by creating a dummy "exe_syb.lst" file in the kernel location, as Reagan Benjamin suggested.

It's strange though why it's looking for that sybase related file. But I guess that's a question to SAP.

I will close this topic now.

Cheers everyone.

Regards,

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please share CPYORG.SAV log for further analysis of error.

Regards,

Anil

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Kindly share 'KX_CPYORG.LOG files for analysis.Meanwhile try to patch the kernel with latest available at SMP and recheck for permissions and ownerships under kernel directory.

Regards,

Gaurav