cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution to a directory as PDF files - "A problem has occurred: The directory is not empty."

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a user who uses the Distribution process to save a report to a number of PDF files based on the entity dimension.  When running the distribution process, it errors out after creating roughly 15 of the PDF files with the following error:

"A problem has occurred:  The directory is not empty."

When looking at the most recent file that was successfully created, there is a folder with the following name:

PDFPrintingTemp

It seems this is related to the issue.  All other folders with successfully generated PDF files do not have this directory.

Another user was able to successfully run this exact same process and create all requested PDF files with no problems.  I cannot find anything in the Log file for the EPM Add-In or on SCN that will help me determine the issue or how to resolve this.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to go about resolving this?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem as I have a couple of users with the same issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Honestly, I do not remember.  I remember the user having the issue, although they often had a number of issues.  I cannot remember if we scaled things back to produce fewer reports at one time or not.  I recommended he get more memory on his machine, as he only had 2Gb.  We likely re-installed the EPM Add-In, as well.  Unfortunately, that user does is no longer with our company, so I do not have the ability to follow up with him or test his machine.

I hope some of this is helpful, but I am afraid it may not be.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Jeff.

My user is using Citrix and memory does not seem to be an issue and the problem is hit and miss, worked last week for a period and now not again.

I will continue to scratch my head, thanks again