cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application type Agentry is missing from Management cockpit in SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to get Work Manager 6.1 running on SMP 3.0 SP03. I've got my SMP server running fine and is now trying to set up the WM 6.1 on it.

Initially while creating the Agentry application in management cockpit, it was providing me with the option of Agentry in the Type field. But in the process of setting up, I imported the development version of the application as a zip within the application created in the cockpit. Since then I'm seeing lot of error including the missing Agentry type application in the cockpit.

The error that I see in the logs now is "Failed to establish connection for user <user_name>: Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon) on <system_details>".....

"com.syclo.agentry.LoginBlockedException: Invalid login username or password"

The above seems clear that the credentials are incorrect which I'm trying to correct. Apart from above, after importing the zip I also see the below error in the logs(wondering if any of these is causing the Agentry type to go away):

2014 07 22 09:15:12#+1200#ERROR#com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.core##anonymous#http-bio-8083-exec-5###Unable to invoke the java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary method, which means the Agentry native code cannot be told where the libraries are and thus cannot load them java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application\ini4j.jar: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

2014 07 22 09:22:48#+1200#ERROR#org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractFaultChainInitiatorObserver##anonymous#http-bio-8083-exec-2###Error occurred during error handling, give up! org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Agentry is not running

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Agentry is not running

I've checked the Agentry logs and I see the Agentry start up is complete but it also mentions the log in error as above.

Any idea of what could be the problem with the zip import or anything else?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Gourav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After entering the correct password for the service user, the log in credentials error is gone. But still the Agentry application type is missing.

Awaiting your responses.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Also wanted to confirm on the contents of the zip file. I've zipped the contents of the folder "<PATH>SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application" into Application.zip which looks as below. Please suggest if that is correct.

Regards,

Gourav

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Try removing the "Application.zip" file from the folder and restarting the SMP server.

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your reply but looks like I found the reason why it is not displaying.

As SMP 3 supports only one agentry instance and I've already defined one agentry application, the option to define another is not showing anymore. I can verify that by deleting the app that I defined but will try that later surely. The zip import did no harm looks like.

So now after importing the zip I should be able to access the app with URL like https://<FQDN-SMP-host>:8081/SAPWM as in the blog post. when I try that I get 404 not found. Should SAPWM at the end of URL be as it is as that is the application name in the editor or is it the application name that I gave while creating the application in the cockpit?Also my management cockpit comes up on port 8083 so I tried accessing on 8083 as well but not able to launch it. Please suggest.

Please note my abap add on components are not yet in place. But I'm expecting the message "I'm here" will show up.

Thanks,

Gourav

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gourav,

Multiple Agentry apps is planned as one of the things that will be addressed in SP04.  Also, I have not had any luck deleting my Agentry application from the Management cockpit so please let us know how it goes if you try it.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

What is the rough ETA for SMP SP04?

Thanks,

Stephen

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Check the "startup.log" file in folder <SMP Install Dir>\Server\log\agentry

It will have a line telling you what the sub-url should be (example attached) -

Generally the port is 8081 unless specified otherwise.

I'm fairly sure you need to have the ABAP Add-on installed & configured (I haven't tried otherwise) before you'll get the "I am here!" message.

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

After further research, I see the application URL default port is 8081 and it is actually the suburl that forms rest of the URL after host & port details. Get this info from this thread . This should be ideally the name of the application as in the Agentry Editor which is SAPWM.

But when I check my startup file I do not see any suburl in there and also see this error "Exception: 15:50:05 07/22/2014 : 20 (Agentry3), JavaBackEndError (JAVA EXCEPTION CAUGHT: com.syclo.agentry.AgentryException: 22.07.2014 15:50:04  - Data Object Assignment for BAPI /SYCLO/CORE_MDW_SESSION1_CRT Not Found!)". I think this is because there are no add on components installed yet in the back end ABAP system. So it is also not able to find the application name in the config panel as defined in the javabe.ini and thus preventing the message "I'm here!"

So until I get the back end components in place, I wont be able to completely test it. So can anyone please suggest how can I verify if the set up is done? I've anyway checked the logs and the SMP server is up & running along with the Agentry Server start up is complete. So looks like the set up is in place.

Can anyone please confirm if my understanding is correct and with the messages in the corresponding logs the set up is correct?

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for your response.

Was little confused with the Agentry option disappearing altogether rather than giving a message somewhat like "Only 1 Agentry app is supported. So you cannot define another." after selecting the Agentry type.

Will surely update here in the thread once I give it a try.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen. Looks like we are on the same page now.

Can you also please throw some light on the below?

Regards,

Gourav

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Your understanding is correct - The Work Manager app is trying to call the session create BAPI in your ECC system which obviously doesn't exist because the Addon hasn't been installed.

I think that's as far as you're going to get without the Add-on installed.

Cheers,

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Standard disclaimer.  All release information is subject to change at any time.

That said, I believe it will likely be mid-Sept but I wouldn't plan anything firm around it until we get a more concrete date.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes you will need the ABAP add-on configured and activated to get the Agentry instance to properly load on startup.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is in the documentation:

• Agentry – metadata-driven application. You can configure only one Agentry application per SAP Mobile Platform Server; after that, Agentry no longer appears as an option.

SyBooks Online

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or has the addon be installed but not activated?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stepehen,

Thanks your for response.

No the add-on is not yet installed. We will be installing it soon and then be verifying the set up again.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Gourav

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I am trying to deploy my SM4.1 application in SMP 3.0 . and I am getting a similar issue. I could not deploy the application.

Can you please check this thread and help me solving my issue.

Thanks in advance

Neha Mahanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Neha.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Now that the back end add on components are installed I'm able to run the application URL and get the message "I'm here!".

Now when I'm trying to connect to the client device, I'm getting the error "Requesting public key from server communication error 14". I've imported the server certificate smp_crt.cer file in the iOS device but still gets this.

Also don't seem to find any error in the log files.

Kindly can you please suggest if anything else needs to be done?

Thanks,

Gourav

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Good to hear things are progressing.

Are you able to connect to Work Manager using the ATE?

Also have a look through the SCN forums to see if any of the answers are applicable. It is a fairly common error to come across.

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Yes, I'm able to connect using ATE.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Yes, I'm aware its a very common error. Have checked the following:

-- SMP Service is running

-- Network connectivity seems okay.

-- User name entered correctly

-- For port being incorrect, as we do not enter any port now while connecting I'm hoping it is trying to connect using the correct ports. Anyway to verify the port no and if it is blocked by the firewall?

-- Device has always connected to the dev servers and no chance of having any production application logic and nothing in the events.log file as well regarding this.

-- Wifi connections seems good and not dropping while connecting.

Just see this message in the SMP server log file once in a while though not always whenever I try to connect using the device: The Certificate (chain) is not valid. Anything to do with this?

Regards,

Gourav

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gourav,

Have you tried to connect to the URL using Safari on the iOS device?  Do you still get the I am here message without any certificate errors?

The host name you enter must exactly match the name on the certificate as well.  Have you confirmed the host name in your connection URL matches the certificate?

You are able to do a full transmit using the ATE to the same SMP server?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

No I'm not able to get the I'm here message when I try to open the application URL via safari. It just says "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding". Though I've checked the host name in the URL exactly matches the name in the certificate. I've also tried downloading the certificate from my PC browser where I'm getting the required message and install it onto my device but still the same error.

Yes, I've been able to perform a full transmit using ATE though only once which was right after installing the ATE. ATE does not opens up after that even after deleting the sub directory folders in its installation location. Tried reopening it again but same old issue.

Thanks,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestions please?

Looks like the device is not even hitting the server as even after removing the server certificate it keeps giving me the same error as above "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".

Awaiting responses.

Thanks,

Gourav

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I have heard this issue with lots of people using IOS devices. They suggested few simple tricks

1. Restart the device to reset the network

2. Go to Safari settings and clear the history and cookies.

Now sure it will work but you can sure give a try.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Neha. Tried the above suggestions but doesn't work.

Will try to test it on an android device & see.

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks,

Gourav

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

I don't know what your landscape is and the issue clealy seems to be network related. Do you have infrastructure/network resources you can work with to solve the issue?

How are you trying to connect to the SMP server? Wi-Fi (Internal? / Exteral?), Mobile Data (3G/4G) etc.

Do you need to setup a VPN to connect to the internal network where the SMP server is hosted?

This Agentry Landscape blog might help you understand what is required for connectivity based on your landscape design.

Cheers,

Stephen

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gourav,

Sounds like the iOS device cannot resolve that URL like the Windows machine can over your network.  I doubt it has anything to do with Agentry.  Are you using a machine name that cannot be resolved?  Try using the IP address instead of the server machine in your URL string.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason / Stephen,

Yes, I'm trying to connect over an internal Wifi and that's how I've been connecting on previous occasions using the same device to my other servers as well without any issue or VPN set up.

I've got the SMP & WM 6.1 installed on my local windows machine where I'm able to connect using ATE but not with the iOS device. I"ve tried using the IP address as well but get the same error.

This is how I'm giving the server URL "https://<ip address of my system>:8081/SAPWM". Agree Jason its looking like more to do with the network but not sure why it is not able to resolve the URL even with the IP. I'm using the Agentry client version 7.0.3.511

Thanks,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the ATE on the same server that the SMP Server is on?  If so, can you try connecting from a different machine?

If it fails, my guess is the the firewall on the Server is not open or there is something in the network blocking the connection and you may need to bring your IT group in to a package trace from client to server to see where it is failing.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yes, its on the same machine. Its clearly a network issue as I'm not able to ping my system from iPad and thus safari is not able to resolve the URL. I'm trying to sort that out getting the network guy into this.

Thanks,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

Yes its being blocked by the firewall and thus it is not able to connect. Once I switch off the firewall, I'm able to transmit successfully from the iOS device. The set up is fine.

I'm trying to add it in the list of allowable apps through the firewall but as there is no server exe file, can you suggest which file do I need to add in order to be able to communicate through the firewall?

Thanks,

Gourav

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The SMP 3 server is running under the java.exe process.

This would be the c:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\sapjvm_7\bin\java.exe assuming you installed to the default path.

Glad you got it figured out.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

Thanks, as I add the above process I'm able to transmit successfully using the iOS device.

Thanks all for your help.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.