cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F 7.0 Processing of Multiple Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Under the "Processing of Multiple Objects", there are a few of function listed below I don't quite understand. What each of the funciton really do?

Create Hierarchy Change Request for Cost Center Group

Process Hierarchy for Cost Center Group

(I believe these are a pair of function i need to do both)

Other pair is called

Create mass chagne request for cost center group hierarchy

Process Cost Center Group Hierarchy

Thanks,

LUO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo, Create Hierarchy Change Request for Cost Center Group: This creates a change request. One can specify/create the following objects (CCTR, CCTR Group, CCTR Hierarchy ,CCtrGroup: Higher-level Hierarchy Nodes of Type Cost ctr, CCtrGroup: Higher-level Hierarchy Nodes of Type CCTRGroup and CCtrGroup: Higher-level Hierarchy Nodes of Type CCtrHier) Process Hierarchy for Cost Center Group: This perform the Collective Process of the object created using the Create Hierarchy Change Request for Cost Center Group. The changes made in the collective processing are locked in the same change request. Create mass chagne request for cost center group hierarchy: This creates a change request for mass processing of the object Cost Centre Hierarchy. Process Cost Center Group Hierarchy: Here you carry out the mass change operation and use the same change request to lock your changes. Regards, Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Thanks for the information. Regarding those objects that need to be defined for Create Hierarchy Change Request for cost center group, in what situation each of the objects should be used and defined? Can you please give an example of each objects (6 of them)?

Seperately, create cost center, create cost center group, create cost center hierarchy function are also available under Create section on the manu. What difference the system will make between the function in there and function here down below (first 3 objects)?

Thanks,
LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo, The 3 objects " CCTR, CCTR Group, CCTR Hierarchy " are used to create cost center, Cost center group and Cost Center Hierarchy. The other 3 objects are used to specify the relationship between CCTR, CCTR Group, CCTR Hierarchy in the hierarchy structure. Yes you can create these objects separately also.All the three objects will be under three different change request type and hence different change request will be created. But  you need a change request type were all the three entities (CCTR, CCTR Group, CCTR Hierarchy) can be processed together.For the collective processing only you will require to create the change request using the functionality " Create Hierarchy Change Request for Cost Center Group". MDG7.0, we have a defined change request type for all entities & actions. Regards, reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

If I wanted to create a new cost center A and this new cost center has to be placed under cost center group 2 coded CG2 and the cost center group 2 is placed under cost center group 1 coded CG1. 

Suppose that cost center group 1 (CG1)  and cost center group 2 (CG2) are already there in ECC under controlling area CA.

What steps I should use in order for me to see cost center A is sitting under CG2<-CG1<-CA

Thanks,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo, You can maintain the same entities in your change request and perform the collective processing of it. You can maintain the same structure in the collective processing and distribute. This will update the data existing in the ECC.( Update delta changes). Regards, Reema

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

If the groups are already available in ECC and you don't want to replicate it again, then de-activate the replication model for time-being. Create the group in MDG. Make it align to ECC. Save the request. Once done, you can activate the replication model again. For that you don't need any transport request.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

In the last response, you mentioned De-Activate the replication model. I am very interested in learning about. Can you please tell me more about Deactivation of replication model on MDG-F such as steps or screenshot to follow?

Thanks,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

On "Process hierarchy for cost center group", I see buttons to create new Cost Center, create new cost center group and assignment cost center to cost center group, all of it is on the one screen. With that, I think I can group these three things in one change request CR with a change request type. However, in my SAP client, it seems to me the change request with 3 types of changes are always being stuck in the step before "Approval". Regardless of the action I take to click "Approve", the change request status is not updating. because of that, i have to three things with separate changer request.

In your response, you mentioned you can have a defined change request type for all entities & actions. Can you tell me more about this special change request type? how it is defined to do all entities?

Thanks,
LUO 

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

In MDG 7.0, you do have standard CR type and its always better to use that. The issue you are facing is different. Its not related to your CR type. You can create all in 1 CR type and get it replicated.

Check your workflow. Are you using std workflow or customized workflow? Check whether you have assigned proper user id's to the workflow and try to process the CR.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo, For each action like create Cost center, Group, Hierarchy, and collective processing there are standard change request type delivered. For the particular CR type there will be a workflow assigned and hence the workflow steps(approval/request/revision etc.) are assigned to the agents. Other way you can customize your own CR type. Can specify all the 3 entity type in your change request type and assign workflow and hence agents to workflow steps. Regards, Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

Speaking about creating MDG-F system ability to process 3 different entity types in one change request vs. 3 different change requests, should I configure a new change request type and assign workflow to it? Could you send me a kind of screen shot of how the configration looks like. I appreciate. 

If we read the comment from Kiran, she said this is not required though. In her response, it seems to me that that is something wrong in Workflow. But all I can say is that if I create one entity type change per change request (I am not combining two, or three entity types together in one change requst), the whatever workflow, actually we are using standard WF 0040,  is working nicely as configured. The problem (standard WF is not working) is appearing only in a chagne request in which 3 different entity types are grouped.

Thanks,

LUO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luo,

Under Processing of multiple object--> Create hierarchy change request for cost center group include all the 3 entity types, i.e. CCTR, CCTRG,CCTRH. This is a standard change request type "CCGHP1". Here you can specify the object for all the entity types and also perform the collective processing. Here you will only need one change request to do all the activities. Can create the entries and hierarchy structure within this

For the CR type "CCGHP1"  assign the workflow steps(submission/activation/revision).

3 different change request: the other way of it was creating first cost center, then in another change request cost center group and hierarchy in another one. Any way you will need 1 more change request of type CCGHP1(Create hierarchy change request for cost center group) if you want to process the entity together to create hierarchy.

Regards,

Reema

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Create Hierarchy Change Request for Cost Center Group

Process Hierarchy for Cost Center Group

(I believe these are a pair of function i need to do both)

- In the 1st option you raise a Change request - Requestor

- In the 2nd option you process the CR - Execute the changes

Other pair is called

Create mass chagne request for cost center group hierarchy

Process Cost Center Group Hierarchy

- This is basically for mass change. You raise a blank CR in first option and then process the changes in 2nd option.

Kiran