Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-process inspection

former_member222064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to have more clarification from a SAP perspective and "operational" perspective about the "in-process" inspection using inspection point.

I found this (very useful) post : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-50928

In case of time/quantity based inspection points : how/what moment quality inspectors are informed that they have to perform an inspection (for a released production order) ? meaning, quality inspectors have to go to the production line to pick up some sample for inspection?

Also, can you describe steps by steps the in process inspection (time/quantity based) from the moment production order is released?

Thanks a lot,

P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As Craig suggested you that by using FM or customized your scrren according to your requirement you can auto create the inspection points as you mentioned in your querry. i.e. time/QTY etc.

Seondly, if you customized it by using any Fm then u need to print the labels based on your inspection point distribution and then your operator by taking those labels physically will chek the qty on given specific time which is on the label and done the RR and UD for completion.

this is only the way where your operator will take the decision at what time how much qty needs to be inspected and recorded against inspection point secondly, distribution of qty and time for testing u need to discuss with your business and accordingly design your FM.

Mail via workflow is also possible that is the third option. fro information communication.

Regards

former_member222064
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't want to use any customized solution : so , in case of "standard SAP" solution, how do inspectors do? will i need to tell inspectors to "randomly" perform result recording?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In standard SAP, there is now way where system give you alarm for process execution. Through customization only it is possible.

either u want any follow up action or mail or auto inspection point with label generation for your communication u need to do customization.

yes you need to perform it randomly.

Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To automatically create the inspection points requires some development.  SAP provides the FM but it is suggested you copy them and modify them to your use.

Using free inspection points, when one inspection is completed, the inspector can manually create the next scheduled inspection point based on the current inspection. I.e. if you want inspections every hour, and the inspection is done at 2:15, the inspector creates one for 3:15.  If the 3:15 one isn't done until 3:30, the inspector creates the next point for 4:30.  etc. etc..

To know when to inspect, the inspectors have to check into the system.  There is no SAP standard notification process available for this.

As far as the "process" goes, you have the basics.  There aren't many variations of that. 

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no "informing" the quality inspectors.  How are you expecting that to happen?  Email?  How far in advance?  What happens if no action is done?  If you want any of that it is all customized.  You'd have to implement the FM's to auto create the inspection points in advance when the order is released.

As far as your second question about "all the steps", the steps are no different than the processing of any other inspection point in an inspection lot.  I'm not sure exactly what you want here.

Craig

former_member222064
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

From a system perspective, I did not have an expectation about how quality inspectors should be informed to perform an in-process inspection , that's a reason why i created that post..

So , from an "field/operatinal" perspective , how inspectors do? when do they know that they should collect some samples for in-process inspection? Any feedback from your field experience is welcome

About the 2nd question :

- PP order is released and different inspection points are created

- materials are physically produced

- Inspector collects sample and performs result recording for the different inspection points

- materials are good received in the system

That's my "understanding" of one way of doing it and was wondering if there was other ways.

Thanks again,