Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to validate telephone number of customer/vendor master?

0 Kudos

Hi, everyone:

how to validate telephone number of customer/vendor master? I can get short telephone number(like '123456789....') in enchancement SAPMF02K / SAPMF02D, but cannot get the long telephone number. so, how can I get the long number?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is not the  telephone extension field part of BAS table (ADRC-TEL_EXTENS) and not in the main database tables LFA1 or KNA1. Enhancement SAPMF02[D,K] with their customer exits do not provide those data.

There is a BAdI, ADDRESS_CHECK for BAS that you could use (beware, it carries a filter by country ISO code)

Regards,

Raymond

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong, as far as I understood, in terms of DB tables you can make use of KNA1(Customer) and LFA1(Vendor), for getting the telephone number

If you require any other inof, please elaborate your problem statement for further more inputs.

BR/Thanks

Pranav Agrawal    

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have not mentioned which exit you are using, but I am sure there will be reference of LFA1 table in the exit which has the telephone numbers and other detail, unless you are expecting some other information. Similarly the information will be there for customer master as well

Please elaborate if the interpretation is incorrect

Structure LFA1 has following fields..

TELBXTELBXCHAR000015Telebox number
TELF1TELF1CHAR000016Telephone 1
TELF2TELF2CHAR000016Telephone 2
TELFXTELFXCHAR000031Fax Number
TELTXTELTXCHAR000030Teletex number
TELX1TELX1CHAR000030Telex number

Regards

Abhijit

0 Kudos

I want to validate the phone number when create or change customer/vendor master by XD01/XD02/XK01/XK02. I use exit: SAPMF02K / SAPMF02D to do enhancement. I can get abbreviated number from field LFA1-TELF1/KNA1-TELF1 in these two exits, for example: 1234567889991..., the whole number is: 12345678899912999. I cannot get the whole number in these two exits. So I cannot validate it.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is not the  telephone extension field part of BAS table (ADRC-TEL_EXTENS) and not in the main database tables LFA1 or KNA1. Enhancement SAPMF02[D,K] with their customer exits do not provide those data.

There is a BAdI, ADDRESS_CHECK for BAS that you could use (beware, it carries a filter by country ISO code)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

I cannot validate telephone by this badi: ADDRESS_CHECK. Can you provide another one? Thanks.

0 Kudos

I'll close this thread. I find one: ADDRESS_UPDATE. Thanks for everyone.