cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM82 - Portfolio Transfer - No suitable positions have been selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I've been trying to activate Portfolio Transfer (TPM82) but I can't seem to succeed when I try to test.  Keep on getting this message "No suitable positions have been selected".  I already created update types and assigned it but still to no success.  I'm not sure if the update types I made are correct.  Please help me on this.  Please provide correct update types and pre-requisite set-ups in IMG which I could do.  Please be specific and don't generalize.  It's really hard to understand.  Kindly advice as well if there are pre-requisite process as well that the users need to do before using TPM82.

Your utmost help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Raymund F.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymund,

Just check below things :

1) Selection criteria is correct i.e. there is a corresponding position in the system for the selection criteria . Check Valuation class, portfolio etc.

2) There is Node (Updates types for Portfolio Transfer ) in IMG which has to maintained and account assignment has to be set up for that update type.

3) You have to create the Position Indicator for the position (New Portfolio) to which you are doing the transfer .

I think your error is related to point.1 but it would be good if you check other 2 points too.

Let us know your feedback.

Cheers !

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Adi.  However, I'm really not sure if I was able to set up correct update types.  And I'm really not sure what set-up is a correct set-up.  If you won't mind, can you probably give some samples of update types that needs to be available and on what are the usages.  Also, do I need to update differentiation?  If yes, what particular aspects do I need to look at.

jasmine_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raymund,

Please check the online help for portfolio transfer. It describes the prerequisite to execute TPM82.

Portfolio Transfer - Accounting - SAP Library

You can use the portfolio function to transfer securities positions that
are differentiated by portfolio to other portfolios.

(Customizing : General Settings Accounting Settings for Position Management Define and Assign Differentiations. )

This is only used for securities positions, and not possible for OTC positions.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had checked the online help.  And tried to follow the steps but still not working.  Im not sure if I am doing the right thing.  Can someone please feed me with screenshots of a sample correct setting.  I'm not sure where to put the portfolios.  Will it be on the differentiations or would I need to create a term and assign to the differentiation.  please help.  My email add is raymundgfernandez@yahoo.com

● You have differentiated your securities positions according to portfolios. These settings are made in Customizing for the Transaction Manager by choosing General Settings Accounting Settings for Position Management Define and Assign Differentiations. Enter the portfolio when defining a differentiation and then assign the differentiation to the respective accounting codes.

this is the phrase from the SAP help that I'm having a hard time interpreting.

Please help.

Thanks.