Did you mean: 

NWDI navigation

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new to NW -BPM.

NWDI can be accessed using the navigation:

Windows --> Open perspective --> Development Infrastructure.

In Development Infrastructure, it prompted asking logon details and I have provided.

After login I can see many SC's (software components).

Is it the place we call NWDI or we have any other way to go to NWDI.

Regards,

SP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are in the right place. What u are currently seeing is the NWDI development track which shows all software components and the included Development components (projects).

For more info regarding the NWDI, see this wiki.

To stay updated, join the SAP NWDI Community on SCN.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

NWDI is the SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure. See more information here:

It consists of DTR (Design Time Repository - Source Management) CBS (Component Build Service) and CMS or new CM Services (which allows you to integrate NWDI to your CTS+ landscape).

The Software Components you see in NWDS are SAP Default Components if they're colored blue.

Yellow means they are to be developed by you. You define these in SLD and import them into your development Configuraiton which you import into NWDS.

See for more information

Please mark as answer or helpful if appropriate.

Best regards

Jan

shabbir_mohmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the information.

After I create SC in SLD, where to import? Development Configuration means could you please explain how can I navigate...

Regards,

SP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can access CM Services via http://<server>:<port>/devinf

There you can open cm services. There you'll see the available Development Configurations to which you can add the SAP Default SCs as well as your to be developed ones.

But this highly depends on your development environment. If you are using CMS you'll have to use CMS and it's Track System.

I recommend you reading the linked documentation How to set up cm services. Also, this link might be helpful: Components Development with the NWDI - Development Infrastructure - SAP Library

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is part of nwdi,

trust me, it is very complex....