Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report with VB.NET 2012

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

Please find attachment

I have locked in my application bug build in VB.NET PROFESSIONAL 2012 version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL on framework 3.5

with SAP Crystal Report 2011 .

On development machine everything is fine but on Client i am not sure which software is needed

of SAP Crystal Report to show my application crystal reports well.

I have added all references .

After searching i got some runtime environment need but for MY VB.NET PROFESSIONAL 2012 version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL

i am confused which should i use.

Please response as soon as Possible .

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher AS per the SCN Rules of Engagement (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18590), email and phone numbers are not allowed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

This is a community forum, to get phone support from SAP, you would need to purchase a single support incident.

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

As you are using VS 2012 for development, you should use CR for VS 2012 SP10 EXE on the development machine and use version 13 CR references in your app. For deployment on server use the runtimes (MSI) of the same version.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

The error is self explainatory, the app could not find CR 13 assemblies on the server. Install the MSI and it should work. If your app is compiled as X86 use 32 bit MSI and for X64 use 64 bit MSI.

For more info see 'Deployment' section from CR.NET SDK developer guide

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sapCRVS2010/en/crnet_dg_2010_en.zip

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Thanks to both of you for your precious suggestion,

One last thing i want to ask.

))

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=14.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=14.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..cctor()

After this error i gave reference of 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer from dev machine to client

but then after it given Error which i attached as Image file i.e saying no proper MSI were installed.

As Mr. Ludek said to install BI runtime i went through link which is on SAP Market place due to lack of administrative authorization

i could download that so i went for MSI on  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824 but that could not help .

Finally i have to install BI Runtime. Ok that is fine.

So basic question i want to ask ,

1) Will licensing is going to matter as we have large no of Production System?
2)Is there any way by which i can include That MSI in development machine(To prevent from large no of Licensing)?

3)If i uninstall both Crystal Report 2011 SP4 and SAP BI 4.0 from my system and reconvert my project from

vb 2003 to vs 2012 then what do i need(Softwares on dev and client both) as My application is windows form app which uses crystal reports (As in vs 2003 was build in

but not now)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Will licensing is going to matter as we have large no of Production System?

Your best bet is to contact sales and get them to help you out with licensing. See

http://www.sap.com/contactsap/directory/index.epx

for phone numbers. NA = 866-681-3435

2)Is there any way by which i can include That MSI in development machine(To prevent from large no of Licensing)?

On the development computer you want to follow the directions given here:

How to Install the BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK on a Development System with Visual Studio 2010 - Busine...

3)If i uninstall both Crystal Report 2011 SP4 and SAP BI 4.0 from my system and reconvert my project from vb 2003 to vs 2012 then what do i need(Softwares on dev and client both) as My application is windows form app which uses crystal reports (As in vs 2003 was build in but not now)

If you do not need managed reporting (e.g.; reports will be loaded from path not via CID from BI), you do not need scheduling and administrative SDKs, then all you need is VS 2010 or higher and SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET (CRVS). On the development computer, use the "Install exe", not the MSI as the MSI will not integrate fully into VS.

Perhaps if you an describe the requirements of the app, we can suggests the best SDK to use.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Many thanks Ludek,

As i had succeeded at end.

All the mess was due to my system was loaded with many software.

Sap Crystal Reports,Sap BOBI 4.0 , SAP GUI so the mess was just for that but

i did not uninstall any of my softwares still done nicely.

Your solution was perfect

If you do not need managed reporting (e.g.; reports will be loaded from path not via CID from BI), you do not need scheduling and administrative SDKs, then all you need is VS 2010 or higher and SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET (CRVS). On the development computer, use the "Install exe", not the MSI as the MSI will not integrate fully into VS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i have Crystal Report 2011 SP4 installed on my system (Window 7)

with vs 2012 professional RTMREL

1)client system is of XP ,i build app with X86.

2)As u answered to install business objects sdk...let me know u that i have also sap bi platform 4.0 ,So how can i get bo sdk

3)Is this important to include BO SDK,MSI both on client

Please help to resolve

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're all over the place here and I am thinking you may want to create a phone incident which you should be able to do as you have SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform. E.g.;

Is this important to include BO SDK,MSI both on client

Depends on the app.

You did not mentioned which msi should i install.

One that matches your version of SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform

let me know u that i have also sap bi platform 4.0 ,So how can i get bo sdk

I'm having problems understanding the above query. You already have a working app, therefore you have teh SDK installed. Not sure if this relates to the query re. which MSI...

If the upshot of all of this is; which MSI, then please have one more look at the wiki  How to Install the BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK on a Production, Staging or Test Server - Business Intel...

If you are not able to navigate your way through the SAP Service Market Place, do create a phone incident and a support engineer will be able to walk you through.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Sorry to say but BI,CRYSTAL ,VB 2012 all is on development machine .

So i am asking the run time environment on client machine.

On client nothing is installed .

Thanks for response i will do some more research.

Thank u very much

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

If you are only using CR and not BusinessObjects Enterprise, then you only need CR runtimes.

So, if your application is compiled as 32 bit (X86) install 32 bit MSI on client machine.

and if your application is compiled as 64 bit (X64) install 64 bit MSI on client machine.

Use Sp10 MSI from below link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have tried both the SP10 and RTM version but cud not get rid off.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhushan, note the error that Piyush gets (in the txt file attached to his original post):

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=14.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=14.0.3500.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..cctor()

Using the CRVS runtime will obviously not help. Piyush must use the BI 4.x runtime and this can only be downloaded from the SMP.

Piyush, you simply need to download the MSI. As I mentioned in my earlier post, if you are not sure on how to find it, do create a phone incident so that an engineer can walk you through.

- Ludek

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh.. miss on my part. didnt notice the attachment.

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhusan ,

My project was running in VB.NET 2003 previously so after converting

project to 2012 I am facing this problem.As it is running very well on development

machine all is wrong when deploying it to client

I am giving you some more information

Project is build(More clearly would say Upgraded) in

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012

Version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL

With framework 3.5

SAP Business Objects

CR Developer

Version 14.0.4.738 RTM

1) So any problem with this combination?

2) As everything is ok on my machine(Development Machine) beside this

i need to install any run time software on my machine to make app working on client?

3) As you are talking about "the app could not find CR 13 assemblies" i cud not see

CR 13, please explain bcz i cud not see it in  error message .it is like CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=14.0.3500.0

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the error, it is obvious that your app is referencing version 14 assemblies. Thus you need to deploy version 14 runtime to your server. See this wiki for details on how to deploy the runtime:

How to Install the BI Platform 4.0 .NET SDK on a Production, Staging or Test Server - Business Intel...

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

With SAP CRYSTAL REPORT 2011 and

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012

Version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL do i need to run only run msi ?

one more thing i am not able to see service pack version as it is RTMREL so which msi sud i choose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Little bit correction in question .....all i am talking about for client machine which do not have any business objects

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. MSI will do.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

You did not mentioned which msi should i install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I installed msi of  RTM from given llink but now it giving me error to install correct version of msi