Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink inside pie chart

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a hyperlink inside a pie chart  in Dashboards 4.1 ? When the user click on the individual data values inside the pie chart, it should take the user to a detail Webi Report. Is this possible? If not, could you please tell me the alternatives?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

See this blog for solving your issue. The blog explains how to Dynamically populate URLs according to the user selections and open them automatically.

You will need to insert the pie chart selection value in an excel cell and use the same cell to fire the hidden URL button and open the report. Even if you have dynamic number and values in the series of the pie chart, you will be able to achieve the said functionality - Hyperlink inside the pie chart.

Hope the blog helps you!

Thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeewan,

Is your problem solved?

Thanks,

Prasanna

former_member672670
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I will use it as a workaround for my pie chart.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeevan,

Please find the attached sample xlf file.

Hope this helps you ..

Regards

sushma.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating hyperlink inside the pie chart is not possible, as a workaround you can pass the label values to a specific cell using insertion type and you can use that value as a input for your webi report using opendoc method.

Hope this helps!!!

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeewan,

This you could achieve using URL button.

Drag the URL button on top of the portion of the pie chart. In component properties, keep the URL button transparency to 100%.

Map the URL button to the opendocument link which directs to the webi report.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Noopur

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens in case of varying series in pie chart, may be one series is added or value of the series is getting changed ?

In this case how can specifically do that the transparency in top of the chart.