Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having 3 year experience in Basis and have part of basis activities like few upgrade and copy backs. Now I want to move to security and also need to learn GRC . Can anyone tell me about the scope of SAP Security in Job Market .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna

I have provided some advise on security and grc recently:

Heman has mentioned the Security Certification. There is also a GRC 10 Access Control Certification. For more information, you can looked as SAP Education and Training site for your country.

In relation to job opporunities, this is always difficult to answer without knowing your current work situation and location. If you already have 3 years Basis then switching to security may be a bit easier for you. Perhaps you can transfer within your workplace. Your basis skill set may already include overlap and you are in a good position to learn more about system security.

Security jobs are underrated in SAP but it is growing. Companies are realising more and more how important securing of information is and the conseqencing if customer, employee and financial data is leaked. Also, as more application are available via cloud and internet facing you have other security aspect to consider to protect your system. It is why Security has become a more seperate area to Basis. It means companies are looking more for dedicated security people instead of a Basis person who can hand secrity on the side (there is more to security than users and roles).

On the GRC side you can start to move more toward risk management. Protecting the system and managing risk to an acceptable level. Both GRC and Security overlaps with all modules and functions of your system. Therefore, there is quite a bit of diversity.

Good luck in making the transition

Regards

Colleen

5 REPLIES 5

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna ,

Hope you are doing good. 
Sap security is a much more specialized area. The job openings are less when compared to Basis, but they do pay well.
Maybe you can go for a security certification as well to boost your chances.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for your reply,

If I want to go for sap certification , is anything like that I should complete at least 3 years in SAP Security .

Which all areas I can look for

Regards,

Aparna

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Most associate level certs are for people with atleast 2 years experience. Example:

C_AUDSEC_731 - SAP Certified Technology Associate - SAP Authorization and Auditing for NetWeaver 7....

regards,
hemanth

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna

I have provided some advise on security and grc recently:

Heman has mentioned the Security Certification. There is also a GRC 10 Access Control Certification. For more information, you can looked as SAP Education and Training site for your country.

In relation to job opporunities, this is always difficult to answer without knowing your current work situation and location. If you already have 3 years Basis then switching to security may be a bit easier for you. Perhaps you can transfer within your workplace. Your basis skill set may already include overlap and you are in a good position to learn more about system security.

Security jobs are underrated in SAP but it is growing. Companies are realising more and more how important securing of information is and the conseqencing if customer, employee and financial data is leaked. Also, as more application are available via cloud and internet facing you have other security aspect to consider to protect your system. It is why Security has become a more seperate area to Basis. It means companies are looking more for dedicated security people instead of a Basis person who can hand secrity on the side (there is more to security than users and roles).

On the GRC side you can start to move more toward risk management. Protecting the system and managing risk to an acceptable level. Both GRC and Security overlaps with all modules and functions of your system. Therefore, there is quite a bit of diversity.

Good luck in making the transition

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your great time and response . It is really helpful to select my  career and to change  into SAP security ASAP .

I will keep in touch if I required any help for my future career