cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log on issues with SSL

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are unable to log on to CCM and Web portals (CMC & BI Launch Pad) after configuring SSL. We are getting ‘Transport error: Insufficient resources.’ error while logging on to SIA and ‘Could not reach CMS’ error while logging on to web portals. In the CCM we can see that the Tomcat and SIA are running and we did not observe any detailed valid log entries or event logs when the log on attempt fails. Please note that we are using BI 4.1 SP3 with Tomcat.

SIA & Web Portals are working as expected when we use self-signed certificate and without SSL.       

Steps  to Reproduce the Issue

• Created certificate request file and provided to our internal network security team for CA (Windows) sign
  • Our internal Network security team provided us with the following:
    • Root CA certificate
    • Intermediate CA certificate
    • Server certificate
  • Convert the certificates to DER encoded certificates
  • Created the passphrase text file
  • Create keystore file
  • Enable SSL in CCM and point to the following files:
    • Certificate Folder
    • Server Certificate File
    • Trusted Certificate Files
    • Private Key File
    • Private Key Passphrase File
  • Updated tomcat configurations (Java Options) with the right entries
  • Updated server.xml file in the tomcat configuration folder
  • Configured thick clients for SSL
  • Restarted SIA & Tomcat
  • Log on to SIA and test
    • Go error message: Transport error: Insufficient resources.’
  • Log on to CMC & BI Launch Pad and test
    • Got error message ‘Could not reach

If anyone has worked on the same we would like to have immediate help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I moved this to the BI platform space for faster response

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Seb. I had already done the configurations that you had mentioned. Any other area I need to verify?

0 Kudos

Hi,

troubleshooting these SSL problems is always tricky via Forum like this.

I would recommend you open an Incident with the SAP Support so that a Support Engineer can directly log on to your Environment and check everything.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seb- This is out of scope for SAP support as I am using Internal CA to sign the certificate.

Regards,

Moncy

0 Kudos

Hello,

who told you that? Did you already tried to open an Incident with the SAP Support?

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yes. I logged the SAP Support ticket with same details. Also, had calls with SAP on the same but got the same answer. I think I am not allowed to share the ticket number or support engineer name in this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Moncy,

It does make some sense ideally to cover up the points again to ensure SSL looks perfect.

I the issue is configuration is only with Corba SSL setup and I would suggest you to cross verify the setups. Look whether the server.xml and keystore have the correct parameters and locations mentioned.

Just in case you feel the issue is near tomcat you can have a look for troubleshooting section at Apache Tomcat 7 (7.0.54) - SSL Configuration HOW-TO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Aravind. Verified the steps- all we followed correctly.

0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you should consider getting in touch with your local SAP Consulting department to have some help on Site.

Troubleshooting these errors via a Forum is nearly impossible (thats my experience).

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seb.