cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clicking on ESS/MSS tab opening in new page in EP 7.3

shwetaganti
Participant
0 Kudos

We are starting with the new implementation and using EP 7.3, when we click on ESS or MSS tab , it opens up in new window tab without masthead.

Please suggest how can we stop the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shwetaganti
Participant
0 Kudos

This issue is actually existing in IE9 and when we tested the same in IE11 and GC it is not occuring .

The issue is with the Browser mode IE 9 supports.

We have already raised it with SAP and will post resolution if get any from SAP.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shweta,
Please check below SAP Note:

1916902 - Navigation from the portal history may open in a new window

1752617 - Navigations pop up a new window instead of showing in place

If your portal SP or SP's patch level is lower than recommended in above SAP notes, then please apply the solution as suggested in sap notes.

Best Regards,
Rajendra

shwetaganti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for the suggestion, we are unfortunately at the latest sp available. It is EP7.31 SP11,\.

But still we are facing the issue.

Please suggest further.

shwetaganti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would need your assistance in resolving the said issue where in HR Renewal, when clicking on My services, the ess link opens up in new tab but not in the content area.we are using IE9 for the same and using EP 7.3

Please suggest.

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please checknif you are using fqdn portal name while accesing portal also check backendvess mss launchpad configuration in lpd cust tcode

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Please check the following property in iview of ESS/MSS launchpad application.Changing this I guess it can be controlled to open in same portal content area.

Regards,

Harsha

shwetaganti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,'

Thanks for the quick reply , bu t i have already checked the same and it is set to Display in Portal Content Area:

we are using IE 9 to open the portal.