cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to map the one million records data of report to convert into dashboard?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my report/data provider is having one million records of data, now i want to create one dashboard on top of those records, is it possible?

is it possible to map one million records of data to one component?how?

Please help me on this..

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your question is whether we can have millions of rows of data brought into a dashboard and have a component to display all these rows, the answer is, no. You would not want your business users to go through all these rows of data and make analysis out of it. It completely defeats the purpose of having dashboards. Dashboard is a data visualization tool that allows you to graphically represent and visualize aggregated data and KPI's of your organization.

However, if you want to know whether we can have dashboards based on some reporting database that contains millions of rows of data, then the answer is yes. For this, you need to have your database or server perform the necessary aggregations and bring in this aggregated data into your dashboards for creating visualizations. As Abhilasha suggested, the maximum recommended number of rows that can be brought into the dashboard is 512. So, try to have the number of rows as minimum as possible.

If you are using Business Objects, you can create a universe in UDT / IDT and have this universe aggregate all your data in runtime and display the same in dashboard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

One million records is really very large amount of data for Dashboards.

Dashboards should always be used with summarizied data.
Else you will have performance issues. Or the Dashboard crashes.

Sometimes if a single component is mapped to large amount of data and if it is not able to handle it, the component does not work as expected. Some of the properties wont be available. It starts acting wierd. I have seen this with scorecard. And when two or three scorecards were used instead of one that worked fine.

Also it is not possible to quantify how much max data should be mapped so that the component or dashboard would work fine. But its always recommended to keep data, components and connections to the minimum.

Maximum recommended rows of data in dashboards is 512. However the Dashboard would work for more rows of data but you must take into consideration the complexity and the performance issue that would be caused later.

Regards,
Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abilasha,

Is there any possibility to filter the records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

We can filter records in Dashboard but again I would request you not to bring everything in Dashboard.

If you have a report you can make use of prompts and get only the filtered data and display it in Dashboard.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your source ?

First try understand the purpose of dashboard, logically the dashboard is designed in such way it should display only the summarized information, if you still need to deal with the huge amount of data then you can use the option of going through webi or crystal report. 100% is not possible in dashboard, even when you use filter.

Only option would to identify the source and create the filters on the source and use them as a filter in dashboard to bring only the precised information or KPI.

Hope this helps!!!

Revert for any clarification on this.

--SumanT