cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coffee with SAP CEO Mr.BillMcDermott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imagine, SAP CEO want to meet SAP professional with a cup of coffee. Some magical things happened by luck, you got shortlisted for face to face discussion. He is ready to answer your questions till coffee gets over. So..,

What you would like to discuss with him & What would be your questions? Share your experience.

Regards,

Vasanth S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the account for Vasanth S has been "guestified" as it appears he has received multiple warnings around original content and cross-postings which have largely been ignored.  I am disappointed to see that kind of gaming behavior and it of course dampens my original enthusiasm for his conversation here.

On the other hand, thanks to others who have participated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tja.. perhaps talking to Bill about Vasanth S. would be a nice intro and important enough for Vasanth after all...

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I Was starting to wonder that, he created another post for firing your boss. the picture and concept seemed really familiar to a LinkedIn article

it also appears he copied content from SAP to his personal blog...such as history of SAP.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd ask Bill if he sees any potential to shape up and simplify SAP Spool system and printing from SAP in general using cloud tech (take away our constant pain of having to deal with the "setup" and software infrastructure), and if Adobe Document Services (ADS) on Hana Cloud platform are coming anytime soon...

cheers

Janis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SCN members,

I look forward many innovative questions. Whats wrongs to share your own thoughts. if you dont take care then who will take care your SAP???

Come on.. Lets ask millions of innovative and meaningful questions to Mr.Bill. Who knows you question may helps SAP future goals.

Game on!!!

Vasanth S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My first question would be why don't SAP develop their own Operating System and hardware for SAP

Regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool... i too think many times about SAP own OS development. Still i don't know whats problem in that.. This is SAP CEO answerable question.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would ask if he likes what he's doing right now and if he can tell me how a normal day in his position looks like. Furthermore I would tell him what I think about some SAP direction. All high-rank positions need someone who brings the unfiltered truth to them. But Colleen suggested that already.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting questions Florian Henninger.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How fast can SAP can execute on the run simple principal to deliver a version of Business Suite on HANA that is much smaller in terms of footprint, small enough to make hardware costs affordable for small & mid-size companies so they also start looking into migrating to SAP HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow Tom Cenens.Thinkable.

And if not now but in future small and mid size companies prefer HANA on cloud so it helps their Hardware cost.

Best, Vasanth S

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the case of Suite on HANA, currently, the software itself is not cloud software so it doesn't matter that much where you place it, in the end, it needs to be managed.

If everything get simplified, SAP has the opportunity to drastically reduce the size of the database which means you would be able to run Suite on HANA with lower memory requirements thus less expensive hardware.

Productive multi-VM support can lower the price of HANA hardware because it can allow hosting partners to share a big box amongst small customers for example.

Currently, the "cloud" model only represents a different model (OPEX vs CAPEX). We cannot get around the fact that SAP HANA remains expensive even if you change the model. I'm not saying "not worth it", I'm saying "expensive". My iPhone is expensive but I like it very much and I would buy another one if it broke down at some point in time.

amit_anasane
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tom Cenens i totally agree with your views

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree your points Tom Cenens. SAP should consider your points. lets see the hope of something new which will reduce the cost of Hardware in future.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Relevant to what I was saying:

Blog: SAP HANA, Oracle 12c in-memory, IBM DB2 B... | SAP HANA

See the comment from "plattner"  Jul 26, 2014 8:34 AM

Small piece of the comment:

"

the footprint reduction of sERP is currently 75% and will soon be over 85%. in sFIN alone it is already 90-95%.

the partitioning into actual and historicl (no changes allowed any more) will split the data set by 1:4 . the historic data can be placed on different hardware and partitioned in a way that smaller nodes can be used. the historical partitions don't need a back up more than e.g. once a month.

"

joseantonio_martinez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vasanth:

Interesting discussion

If was possible I would Ask to Bill McDermoth:

Why for the new functionallity such MII the licensing is for buckets for 100 employees for each plant?

We are developing MII but in some plants the total number of employees are 25 persons.

If MII is a shop floor control why pay for each employee (administrative or production), also why pay for all the employees, not for the average of each shift?

Regards

Jose Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

you are right. In your way many customer may feel the same. He has to be answer because this is part of under customer pain point area.

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

My dear 67K+ SAP employees,

I am not an SAP employee but i loves SAP a lot..

Do you know? SAP Q2 net profit fell by 23%.

The main reason Why i was creating this discussion is that some one questions or ideas helps SAP run better now and future..

Its one time opportunity in your life to create for the better enterprise because you are an employee of SAP. If you cannot then who will take care your company.This is the great place we can share and i am dam sure your great ideas/questions will reach to Mr.Bill and he is looking to change for the better.. just help him by sharing your innovative ideas..

Looking forward..

amit_anasane
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

thanks for opening a good topic in Coffee corner, i hope SAP being a market leader in its segment for decades now, we hope Mr. Bill will be more concern to cope up the future challenges as technology is growing at a very fast pace, i would like to ask him about whats next after SAP HANA cloud platform, will you go into space now just joking. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your message.. Hope he will answer to your question if there is chance of meeting.. Who knows SAP may have a plan to develop the next generation enterprise tool for space..

Best, Vasanth S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Come on.. experts.. Time and Mr.Bill waits for no one.

Share your thoughts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would certainly ask him whether he is even aware of quality problems with SMP 1st level support and the idiotic points regime we have to put up with here on SCN.

But I suspect he is not particularly interested (otherwise he would have done something about these years old problems...) or responsible for such topics and I dont have anything else special to discuss, so would offer him a beer instead..  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I take it you are stilling waiting on someone to reply about the kernel issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool Julius.. SAP is an ocean. This is not a CEO job to handle i think..  The people who under him(VP's) has to take a responsibility to solve quality problem in SMP. 

Still there are many innovative things to discuss..

And finally did he like beer..? if then we can change our topic name as

Beer with SAP CEO Mr.BillMcDermott

Best, Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha aha.. Not like that Colleen lee!!! However Kernel issue are more considerable one.. expecting more innovative thoughts..

Best, Vasanth S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasanth S wrote:

The people who under him(VP's) has to take a responsibility to solve quality problem in SMP. 

He'll be drinking the rest of his beer on his own if he provides an answer like that...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha ha..

Ideally speaking to an any issue, every company following bottom up approach. Initially it wont go to top people like CEO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now starting to feel like Manu M did on Wednesday, but will let it go...

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Vasanth

if the CEO was willing to sit down and have a coffee with me in his busy schedule I would assume he'd want to listen to anything that I feel is important. With my busy schedule, I would not attend if it was just to be a session of lip service, "you are all important to us", type session.

If there is a major customer service issue which is producing negative impacts to the business (I.e. Loss of customers ), then as CEO I would love to hear that criticism first hand instead of the typical filtering that occurs as issues escalate through the ranks.

regards

Colleen

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An interesting proposition.  If we were to develop a good conversation here, I could imagine this getting some good "listening".

Thanks for the creative idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Merilyn,

Cool. Thanks a lot..

Miracles do happen anytime. My hope & luck, will meet him one day in my life.

Expecting everyone's message...

Regards,

Vasanth S

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lets try these questions Vasanth and Marilyn Pratt

Why SAP hold two CEO 's ? just asking

How much growth you expect from HANA and Big data

How you see the strategy works  with Fiori ?

What will be the next to HANA and Big data

what will be the future of ECC

how you tackle your competitors like Safes force for CRM space

regards

manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Interesting!!! Below are my own personal views..

Why SAP hold two CEO 's ? just asking

Currently SAP holding only one CEO. Bill McDermott is the CEO of SAP AG from May 21, 2014.

How much growth you expect from HANA and Big data

This is good question.. Q2 results are fell by 23% and we need to wait till Q3.

How you see the strategy works with Fiori?

Well, UI5 never fails.

What will be the next to HANA and Big data

Cloud, Augmented reality, Say bye bye to ABAP and fully focused on UI5 custom developments with SAP River

what will be the future of ECC

Big Question Mark if everything on cloud/web based and customized.

how you tackle your competitors like Safes force for CRM space

Its easy for SAP to manage and overcome these type of problems.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i was expecting some kind of more questions from experts and not fake answers .

regards

manu

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Manu!

This is the coffee corner, not the press room after all.

In the spirit of fun, collaboration and community let's not get ourselves too upset over the way folks engage here.

former_member182489
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

apologies, bad day for me .I was with some thing else . My intention was only to get more question from experts but end up with something else.

If i look back to my post - I feel like "ehhh" .Again that was a bad day for me and not today .

What good from it is , Bad days will energies and alert you to get  good days . Because all want to happy and a happy days

Friends ,

Wish  me a good day and wish you all a very good day.

regards

manu