cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not given option to create a new XS application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm going through the youtube tutorial for creating a new HANA XS application but I'm not seeing a way to create a new one from the platform cockpit. all I get is the following screen:

Am I doing something wrong? I've also tried using the web based development workbench and get the following error:

08:42:00 >> Error while creating package:
Repository: User is not authorized to execute specified operation;User 'DEV_...' has no authorization, privilege: 'REPO.MAINTAIN_NATIVE_PACKAGES', package: '.REPO_PACKAGE_ROOT'!

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brendan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

xu_xiang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

HANA XS application can be created within Web-based Development Workbench or HANA Studio. Please create your application in a sub-package instead of your (HANA) instance root

HTH

Xu

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sort of works but any new package isn't appearing in my list of applications. I'm creating them below the dev application and that appears to work but they don't seem to be available for me to access for the tutorials - I think for that I need a top level one and I'm not able to create one of those. Apologies if this is all really simple stuff but it is all new to me.

Thanks

Brendan

xu_xiang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

why should "... any new package ... appear... in (the) list of applications ..."? As the name says package != application.

Second, "dev" is the default HANA instance in your trial account, not "... dev application...".

So, the "dev" HANA instance should be visible in the tab "HANA Instances" in the cockpit. If you created any HANA XS application correctly, it should be listed in the tab "HANA XS Applications".

If this is not the case, please attach a screenshot of your cockpit and another one of your XS app in the Web-based Development Workbench (or HANA Studio).

Regards

Xu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for responding. I think I am using the wrong terminology so aologies for that. I am able to create a new application in the web based workbench if I do so be right clicking on the 'dev' node in the tree. This then appears in the list of applications in cockpit.

I am not able to create a new application in the workbench at a higher node than this. If I click on my username in the tree and select new application, when I enter all the information and press OK I get the message:

06:57:25 >> Error while creating application:
Server Error:Repository: User is not authorized to execute specified operation;User 'DEV_...' has no authorization, privilege: 'REPO.MAINTAIN_NATIVE_PACKAGES', package: 'p<user>trial'!

I am not sure if this is an expected error or not. I am also not able to create new applications from the cockpit page as is described in the cloud tutorial. Again, I am not sure if this is intentional or not.

As I mentioned however I am able to continue working at the moment and so this is more curiosity and thoroughness rather than something I need to figure out now.

Thanks

Brendan

xu_xiang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

... I am not able to create a new application in the workbench at a higher node than this....

Yes, you can create application in your own HANA instance (e.g. dev) only

... I am also not able to create new applications from the cockpit page as is described in the cloud tutorial...

As I said, HANA XS application can be created within Web-based Development Workbench or HANA Studio. In Cloud Cockpit there is no possibility to create HANA XS application. Could you please attach a link to the "cloud tutorial" which argues the converse?

Regards

Xu

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. That explains it then.

The tutorial I was following was this one:

SAP HANA Academy - Cloud Platform: 2b. Accessing HCP from your development environment - YouTube

It mentions creating the application at about 50 seconds in. Things may have changed in the months since it was recorded however.

Thanks

Brendan

xu_xiang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

ok, now is a bit clear. Unfortunately the cloud cockpit shown in the youtub video is quite old (the navigation structure, naming etc. have been changed since quite some time). Nevertheless the video shows how to create XS application within HANA studio connected via DB tunnel.

If you want to learn more from HCP I would recommend our openSAP Course: Introduction to SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Repeat) and Course: Next Steps in SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

Regards

Xu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great. Thanks for the information. I'll take a look at the links.

Brendan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

You can only create the application under your own folder.