cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make expression "not re-usable" / anonymous again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created some expressions with names (i.e. "Is reusable?" was ticked on object creation) that now show up on the repository tree.

Now I found that I need these expressions only in one place, so I want to make them anonymous / not reusable.

Can this be done?

I tried the "Rename" function, but this does not allow me to give an empty string for the name.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rename to "empty" should do the trick. If it does not, what exactly happens?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either not working or I am too stupid.

1. Open expression in Edit mode
  2. In Panel "General", click on "Rename"
  3. Dialog box "Rename object" appears. In input field "New name", I deleted everything (input is the empty string)
  4. Click on button "Rename". Dialog closes, name still present
  5. Tried the same entering the string "empty" (w/o quotes). This renames the object to EMPTY

SAP BASIS 7.40 SP05.

OSS Message?

(I am 100% sure I could do this under 7.31, therefore glad you think this should work )

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just checked it on a system with 740, SP5 and you are right. In case you just delete the value in the name field the UI layer inserts the name again and no change is passed to the backend.

Please open a CSS message. It should work as I described it and it did work like this in the past.

You may add the URL to this post and my comments. Then support colleagues will benefit from my quick analysis. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed by SNOTE 2050361.

Answers (0)