cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to Delete the Business Objects Installation folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to re-install the Business Objects 4.1 SP4 on my Dev Machine. I have un-installed BO4.1 by going to Control Panel>programes & Features>uninstall. After i completed the unistall process i have rebooted my machine and still saw the Business Objects folder in the Installation Drive.

I am trying to delete the folder but unable to do it. it reads 'The Action Cant be completed because the folder or file in it is open in another program'. is there any way to get rid of this error and delete the folder to start fresh new installation??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Verify if there are any stale BO executables in the task manager.If so , then delete them and then try to delete the folder.

You could use tool like ccleaner to clean up the temporary files, unused and old registry enries.

You could also just rename the folder and proceed with the installation.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried re-installing and get this error ' The System detetcted an invalid SIAPort Value(6410).itshould be used or reserved.[INS00269]

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be the ports are blocked or already in use by other executables.

Try to proceed using different port for SIA e.g 7410 which should help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also try to check the eventviewer for the exceptions.

Also check the permission on the setup media.

If there is any antivirus running on the server, you could turn it off during the installtion.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have re-installed using the different port for SIA and its working now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The steps provided by Amit will help you in deleting the BO Folder from your machine.

The KB# 1691555 - How to completely remove / uninstall SAP BO BI 4.0 from the system? will help you in complete uninstallation process of SAP BI 4.0.

Hope, this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my past experience, I noticed that the uninstaller does not delete the SIA service. Make sure you delete the service prior to the reinstall.

Following are the steps.

1. Go to Start-->Run and type in services.msc

2. Search for service named "Server Intelligence Agent". Double click the service and note the service name.

3. Open a command prompt with Admin Access. (Right click the cmd.exe and click "Run as administrator")

4. Type in command "sc delete servicename"

Hope it helps.

Regards

Chinmaya

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To delete the folder you can use rococopy command.

Follow steps

1) Create one dummy folder "xx" on the same level where the already folder exists.let say i want to delete Test folder and folder location is F:/Test and create xx on the same level.

2) Go back one level up like on F:/ drive right click and command prompt.

3) run the command robocopy Test xx /MIR

After that you will be able to delete the folder.

or run one more command to delete the folder from command prompt.

rd/s F:\Test

Regards,

Amit