Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to follow to output barcode in label

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Can anyone guide me to print barcode in the label in ehs .

Regards,

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash

may be check as well:

Your topic has been discussed very often here. And especially the document highlighted by Balajee is a good option to understand Bar Code topic (Thanks to Subash; very good document, indeed)

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Balajee/Chris,

Thank you so much for the documentation .

Regards,

M D

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

The dummy function module used to output graphics is empty .Can somebody paste the z programe  so that we can output bar code 39 in wwi template .

Regards,

M D

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

hello CB,

After downloading font , the wwi in cg42 is not detecting and showing the particular bar code font  . Do I have to modify www.ini file to include the same font to make that visible in cg42 .

Regards,

M D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Code 39 is the easiest barcode font to be printed in WWI using the FM.

Logic:

You should format your symbol (in WWI Template) in the corresponding barcode font.

The value should have * as prefix and suffix. Your FM should add that value and pass that to WWI. (Instead of looking for abap code, ask your ABAP team to write a FM for this logic based on dummy FM)

When you preview it, you would see in barcode.

Already I explained this in the document,

Regards

Subash Sankar

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Subash ,

Are you saying that in order to get code 39 bar code printed through printer ,do we need to write FM logic which include * infront and back or is FM written is for the scanner to scan it . I am not able to generate bar code through printer even though all the setting I have already done . Please let me know .

kris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prakash

Go through below document which is published by Mr.Subash .. in which he explained each and every step.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48154

Balajee

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Balajee,

I was trying to use barcode using a bar code font . I saw so many fonts eg code39 in my local word file but did not see any font on word opened in wwi .Do I need to download all of the fonts in wwi server . Also calling function  module C128_dummy_conversion_method ,Is it necessary that I have to modify the function module as I am just trying to see the output in the initial phase . Can you please help me with these issue so that I can move ahead .

Regards,

M D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD

we will save the bar code file in your System local files only.. try to download any barcode font and past it in Computer >> control panel>> Fonts.

Balajee

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Balajee,

I am trying to use bar code code 39 . Do I also need to upload this font through se73 in sap to support output in wwi once I have installed this font in wwi server ?