Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to mass print sales orders.

Upon trying to use program SD70AV1A using the following settings:

Output Type                       Z***

Transmission Medium         1

Sort order                           01

Processing mode                1           (I have tried 2 and 3 also)

Sales Document                 *****

Sales Organization              ***

I receive a status saying that there are no messages to be printed.

I have read that this method will not work if the output type is not already defined in the sales order.

How can I mass populate the output type in the sales order so I can use this program?

I have also read that the program RSNAST00 may be used in this instance using output application 'V1' (for sales).

In trying to use this program I also receive a status saying that there are 0 outputs processed.

I have tried variations on the object key (Sales order number, Sales order number with leading zeros, sales order number concatenated with item number, sales order number concatenated with item number with leading zeroes) all to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? How can I mass print sales orders?

Thanks.

N.B. Processing them one by one in VA02 works as it should.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After some testing with an SD consultant here we have found that there are some authorization problems preventing the program from working properly.

Once the authorisations were set up correctly the sales orders printed as desired.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can I mass populate the output type in the sales order so I can use this program?

Through LSMW for VA02

G. Lakshmipathi

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The trouble with using LSMW is that I need the process to be as simple as possible for end users who won't have access to LSMW.

If it is a standard SAP report that can be used to mass print sales orders, we can always create a custom tcode for it, which would satisfy the requirement for an end user to be able to use it.

I'd also like to point out that I realise there have been a fair few discussions started and closed on the same topic in this forum but I have not been able to find a solution in any of them that works.

Message was edited by: Benjamin Allsopp

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have misunderstood my point.  First you need to trigger the output in the missed out sale orders which is possible through LSMW.  Once this is done, then you can use the standard program.

G. Lakshmipathi

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

But if I trigger the output in LSMW, will this not just print it and negate the use for a mass program?

How do I leave an output at the amber stage?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uncheck the box "Print immediately" in communication tab of VV12 for that output and try. 

G. Lakshmipathi