Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display field for complex table drop down not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on SAP work manager 6.0, SMP 2.3 SP4, WPF client 6.1.3.10212

I am experiencing troubles with the display field for a complex table drop down field.

I extended the complex table ctCatalogProfile with some extra fields, created also extra indexes.

Clicking the blue hyperlink of display field gives me this:

It seems as if the wrong field is linked.

How can I fix this?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Judith,

We need some more info first.  What is the problem you are experiencing?  What do you mean that the wrong field is linked?

Can you also show us the new indexes you are using and how they are structured?

Best way to examine the data is to load your application in the Agentry Test Environment (ATE) and Inspect the complex table data after the initial sync.  You can see what data has been loaded into what fields.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extra fields in complex table:

Extra indexes:

As I can see in ATE the complex tables is filled as I desire.

For the definition of my complex table drop down:

in my drop down, the values of the ZOrderType field are displayed, instead of the ZDescription values as I desire.

In an agentry project in Eclipse, upon clicking on a blue link, one jumps to the definition of that object.

Clicking 'Complex Table' jumps to the definition of the complex table,

clicking 'Table Index' jumps to the definition of the index, clicking Return Field jumps to the field definition of the CodeGroup field in the complex table,

BUT, clicking Display field, jumps to the 'ZOrderType' field instead of the ZDescription field of the complex table

I think this is why the wrong values are shown in my complex table drop down field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Can you confirm what version of is your editor?

2) I see you are running SP04 Server, but you are using a SP03 WPF client can you try upgrading to an SP04 client.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Judith,

First try deleting the CT screen field.  Remove it from the trash, then re-add it to the screen.  See if that fixes the display field linkage.  If not, you could also try deleting the complex table and re-creating it.  Something seems messed up in your definitions.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Agentry definitions were indeed messed up (I still wonder how and why).

But my problem was fixed after deleting and re-adding the Z-fields of the complex table.

Thank you for your responses.