cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass asset master change in Production

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

We need to perform mass asset master record changes in Production (for example mass change of cost center, plants, etc.) and I found that this is done by defining substitution rules (GGB1), which contain to which cost center to be changed, then running worklist with AR01, AR31. But that means every time you want to do mass change in Production, you need to change the substitution rule and transport it in Production, which is not really an option. What is the best way to perform asset mass masetr record changes in Production?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think LSMW is a better way or a BDC recording through SHDB T-Code will also be an option. But for mass changes of Asset Master, its better to use LSMW. Recording to LSMW will not be more then half hour and the same you have to authorize not to all users but only to select users who are having authorization to change the Asset master.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Jay-R Cruz, you better create LSMW on your own using recording functionality.

You can have a look at this

It can be pretty useful when it comes to lsmw.

Regards

Barthelemy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

YOu do mass change by creating Subsitution rules in OA02.

Please create your subsitution rule in OA02 and the run AR31 to do change

Subsitution rule need to transport  and once they are in Production you can execute iN AR31 in production

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, but that means every time I need to do different mass change I need to transport different substitution in Production. For example this month I need to mass change 1000 asset cost centers, and then next month, change 2000 other assets to another cost center. It doesn't sound like good solution to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

You create a set in Subsitution and when just change the set in production . You do not need to chnage whole subsitution rule and transport again and again

Many Thanks

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create an LSMW template for this and everytime you do mass update, execute it in LSMW.

Thanks!

Jhero

stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Preety.

If it can be done with a set, that's good. But the set can be used as prerequisite, how can I use check in the actual substitution? I can use constant value, exit, or field-field assignment.

For example I need to mass change 1000 assets, so their cost centers are changed to 1000 different cost centers. How can I assign the relationships in a substitution and set? I can create a set with these 1000 assets, and say that my prerequisite is this set, but then how can I say in the substitution which asset which cost center should get?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

If chnage relation ship is 1:1 cost centre nd asset  then you can 't use set . But if you 1000 asset out of 300 asset need same cost say X so you can create a subsitution rule with set . YOu can enter asset in set .

and then chnage the set for other say 200  asset which should have cost centre Y .

like this .

Prerequisite

ANLA-ANLKL IN Zasset set ' AND ANLA-BUKRS = '1200'

Subsitution

Cost Center       Constant value     XX
stevejohnson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti and all,

I agree, LSMW is for sure more flexible, but then I need to give access to LSMW in Production to users and train them. So I would like to explore the substitution option if it is possible.

It is clear to me that I can change the set in Production to replace 300 assets with another 200 assets. But how can I change directly in Production the cost center to be substituted? Imagine that 300 assets have to change to cost center X, then 200 other assets to cost center Y. So I can change the set from 300 assets to 200 assets, but I can't change the cost center from X to Y, as the subsitutable field can be only constant value or exit, no option for set as far as I can see.