Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.1 Sizing Guide Query

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at the official Work Manager 6.1 sizing guide and comparing it to the Work Manager 6.0 guide and it seems there has been a large jump in the suggested hardware for SMP.

I understand the WM6.0 runs on SMP 2.3 and WM6.1 is on SMP 3.0, but I'm surprised that the difference seems so large.

E.g. For a medium landscape with 1000 syncs/hour:

Work Manager / SMPSMP SAPS (suggested)
Work Manager 6.0 2,000
Work Manager 6.155,500

Could someone clarify why this would be?

Thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Sizing Document has been updated for the SMP Server and appear to be much more reasonable.

The SAP ABAP & DB Server recommondations are still the same and don't seem right.

E.g

Large Data Volume & 2000 syncs/hr

SAP DB Server -  393,500 SAPS

SAP ABAP Server - 127,500 SAPS

From the Sizing benchmarks an IBM Server with 271,080 SAPS has 8 Processors / 120 Cores / 1TB of RAM

Cheers,

Stephen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We noticed the same discrepancy and are inquiring internally for a better answer.  I do know the numbers are not based on the same data set information but going forward they will be.  I'll post more when I get it here.

--Bill

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for chasing that up Bill.

Another thing I noticed is at the bottom of the WM6.1 guide, it states that the minimum SMP3.0 server hardware requirement is:

Processor: 1 Intel Quad Core @ 2.00 GHz

RAM: 17GB

Operating System: Windows 2008 Server R2

But SAP Note. 1904213 - SAP Mobile Platform Server Release Information states the minimum requirements are:

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo processor running at 2 GHz or higher, or equivalent AMD processor

RAM - 4 GB

Cheers,

Stephen