cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP/Redwood Capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day Everyone,

I have tried in vain to see if there is a capacity limit to how many jobs a single Redwood server can handle in a given 24 hour period  Seeing that Redwood has a server/client relationship, I would imagine the number could be high but I was wondering if there is any documentation that states so.  We here typically blast out 17, 000 jobs a day on a single server instance but we are starting to run into performance nuances  so the first question asked to me was can Redwood handle this many jobs.  I'm curious, how much work do other shops produce?  Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That answer was perfect Nanda - THANK YOU! 

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Good to read that you liked Nanda's answer, please mark the question as answered. Otherwise other users like myself think it has not been answered.

As to your performance issues, maybe you could create a new thread for those. Important things we would need to know is, what the symptoms are (high memory usage, out of memory exceptions, high cpu usage, network saturation, slow user interface...). If you witness high memory or CPU usage, how much RAM Do you have, what are your JVM parameters. What other applications are running in the NetWeaver instance?

How many process servers do you have, how many of them are platform process servers ?

Do you have triggers?

Regards,

HP

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Sizing guide is a good starting point.

From the sizing guide:

To manage a base line workload of 100k jobs per day, with 10 million jobs retained in the history data, more than 95% of jobs producing average log file size of 16k and no large output files

1. CPU: 2 x 2.0Ghz Intel processors (or equivalent)
  2. Memory: 4GB
  3. Disk storage: 600-800GB

Thanks

Nanda