cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Missing Icons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends!

In NWDS ESS there are Icons missing and I can´t find out why.

Who can tell me how to solve this issue?

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not really following here, the subject mentions NWBC and the message NWDS. If you are using NWBC to access Web Dynpro ABAP based ESS, the icons are stored in the MIME repository of AS ABAP. Are all icons missing or just some? Use Web Dynpro ABAP application WDR_TEST_WEB_ICONS to test. If all icons are missing you have probably not activated all required ICF nodes, see SAP note 1088717 for details.

Check especially

- /default_host/sap/public/bc/icons

- /default_host/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl

- /default_host/sap/public/bc/webicons

In case only some icons are missing use Fiddler, HttpFox or HTTPwatch to generate a trace in order to find what the missing icons are. In the past icons that have been missing in the MIME repository were imported by applying SAP notes (or Support Packages). That said, what is your SAP_BASIS version, including SP level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samuli!

We are using the newest version, SAP BASIS 740 SP-Level 7, EA-HR 607 SP-Level 0026.

I´ve checked the application WDR_TEST_WEB_ICONS and I´ve seen 436 Icons. I think there are icons missing because I couldn´t find the tooltip texts from the missing icons that I can see in the applications of ESS.

Futher on the services of SAP note 1088717 are all active.

At the moment I don´t have the possibility to install HTTPwatch - what else can I do/check?

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can activate the ICM trace or rather increase the level of the trace in transaction SMICM. You can also place the cursor on top of the missing icon and press the right mouse -> Properties in order to see the URL of the icon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

The ICM trace doesn´t help. In NWBC it is not possible to make a right klick on the missing icon to see the URL of the icon. You can see which WDA-report is running and some technical details.

I've taken a look at the WDA-program but there is no mime-folder in it. So I think the icons come from the standard mime repository (SE80). But the mime repository is large and after looking a few times I think the icons are missing in the system.

So the cuestion are: How can I find out where the missing icons should be and how can I get them if they are in the System?

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be doing something wrong, increasing the ICM trace level is the key here, set it to 2 or 3. The ICM trace will contain every HTTP(S) request sent to the AS ABAP. You can also run the ESS WDA applications as stand-alone applications in the browser, use the Technical Help to find out the WDA application name, WDA configuration name and parameters and construct the URL manually which you can then use in the browser. That way you can find out what the icons are. Newer IE versions have Developers Tools (F12) which you can use to capture traffic, just like with HTTPwatch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

May be that I´m doing something wrong. But how you can see, it must be standard Icons of NWBC.

They are not present in CORBU-Theme and in other Themes to. I´ve checked the application by the WDA name but can´t find the image source.

It seems there is an icon on the right side, but when I click on it, there is no description.

May be it helps me if you tell me how one of the image is named (eg. the one beside the calendar on the left side - see opening text of this thread).

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

check out note 1617634, that solved the error for me at multiple clients.

After correcting the error, you should clear the icm cache in transaction smicm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy!

I´ve checked it out completely - unfortunately that doesn´t help. There were some inconsistencies, but the "error" is still there. Some images are missing (see screenshots).

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you correct the inconsistencies with the program? if yes, I'm pretty sure it should be that. Don't forget to clear the cache in ICM and in your browser before checking

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no NWBC icons. There are Unified Rendering icons, web icons, pictograms, SAP GUI icons, etc. The point being they are common to a rendering technology, not a client application. Icons might or might not be theme specific, it depends what the underlying rendering technology is. I have no way of knowing what that application in your screenshot is since you have not shared the name of the Web Dynpro component nor view name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

SAP note 1617634 and the report Z_MIME_DUPLICATES_DELETE brought the icons in the System. It took a while - I think the garbage-collector had to delete old references - but now I´m happy.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You had to clear the ICM cache as I mentioned to speed it up probably. Anyway, good that it's solved. You can mark the question as awnsered and award points 😉

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kasemti
0 Kudos

Hi,

we've the same problem, all icons are missing in NWBC for HTML after upgrading to kernel 753.

the services for icons and webdynpro...etc., are activated.

any tip, help is apreciated.

regards,

Kasem,