cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New depreciation area - How to update balances in FI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created a new depreciation area exactly like book depreciation area 01, except that the new depreciation area will post periodically. After the depreciation area was completely customized, we ran transaction AFBN. Upon doing this, the existing asset master records got updated with the new depreciation area with the values.

However, my question is, how do I update the FI module (GL accounts) with the APC and Accumulated Depreciation (existing) for the new depreciation area?  Also, if I am transporting the new depreciation area in August, which balances should I consider for upload into the new depreciation area?

Your expert advice will be very helpful.

Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

how do I update the FI module (GL accounts) with the APC and Accumulated Depreciation (existing) for the new depreciation area?

1. First Identify the accounts involved.

2. Post Manual journal entries on the accounts involved.

If the account is Fixed Asset recon account

Set the status of the company code in Test mode (=2) which can be found in SPRO > Asset Accounting > Asset Accounting (Lean Implementation) > Preparing Production Set-up > Activate comapny code

Set reconciliation accounts to blank in tcode OAMK

3. Once manual journal entry is done, you can revert changes in step 2.

Thanks!

Jhero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jhero.

I have already defined the accounts. How do I add them to transaction OAMK with "blank" status? There is no button to create new entries in "OAMK".

Another question is which balance should I upload to the new depreciation area?  Can I take the current balance? The reason I ask is that after I upload the current balance, I will be running AFAB and ASKB. Once I run ASKB, the planned depreciation amounts are different for the existing book area 01 and the new depreciation area 02. So after depreciation, it will further lead to differences in the accounts. How I ensure that there is no difference after running the depreciation transactions AFAB and ASKB?

Regards,

Aditya

former_member351125
Contributor
0 Kudos

Accounts will be automatically be created in OAMK, given that you already maintained fixed asset accounts on AO90 transaction code (Account determination).

For your next question, it depends when will you go live. Let say you will go live on 9/2014, you should manually calculate (But I guess you already have this data) the accumulated depreciation as of 8/2014. The calculated accumulated depreciation as of 8/2014 should be posted manually on asset GL accounts. After the manual postings, compare your asset history sheet and the GL balances, if they are not the same there is an error on your calculation. When you done the calculation and postings correctly, running 9/2014 AFAB, you will be ok.

Thanks!

Jhero

Answers (0)