Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special price for BPs

former_member186803
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have created a special price for a BP based on trade price as price list and it is not on automatic mode, when I do sales order for this BP the unit price is same as trade price and the discount and price after discount comes from the special price as defined.

Now when I change the trade price for this item and do sales order then the unit price is not same as trade price, it is showing the old trade price,

Here my question is if I define special price and keep it on non auto mode, when there is a trade price change then where from the unit price comes at sales order? is it from special price?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman Roy...

Special Price Use

Special prices can be used for the following scenarios:

• You want to specify a special price for a customer when a particular item or an item from a particular item group is purchased. In this case, you specify a price that depends on the business partner.
  • You want to define special prices for an item that are to apply for particular periods of time. In this case, you specify a date-dependent price.
  • Depending on the quantity ordered, you want to assign a special price. If the quantity ordered is very large, you sell or buy an item at a lower price than with a small quantity. In this case, you specify a quantity-based price.
  • From time to time, you will also want to update all or particular special prices. You can do this, for example, by changing the discount for selected special prices. You can also select specific special prices and change only these prices. You can refer price list updates to the derived special prices. You may also want to delete particular special prices after a defined period of time.

Once you have defined special prices for individual cases (that is, for a particular business partner), you can copy them to other business partners or groups of business partners according to various sets of rules.

• If you want to refer discounts to particular item groups, items with particular properties, or manufacturers regardless of the business partner, you can define discount groups.
  • If you do not want special prices to depend on a business partner, you can also define special prices for a price list. These always apply if no special prices have been defined for a business partner. These special prices can also be defined on the basis of a particular date and/or quantity.

Automatic Price Calculation

When you enter a business transaction, such as an outgoing invoice or a purchase order, the system calculates the price for an item automatically. The system proceeds as follows here:

1. The system first checks whether a special price has been defined for the item for this particular business partner. This special price could also be based on a particular date or quantity.
  2. If no special price has been defined, the system checks whether a discount group has been defined for the business partner that can be applied to the item.
  3. If no special price has been defined, the system checks whether a special price has been defined for the item (for the price list entered in the master record of the business partner), which once again can be based on a particular date or quantity.
  4. If no special price has been defined, the system copies the price for the item from the price list entered in the master record of the business partner.

If a discount has been granted because of a special price, the discount is indicated in the detailed information of a line in the purchasing or sales document in the Discount % field.

Regards

former_member186803
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually My question is if I define a special price then in sales order window where from the unit price comes? is it from item master data or from special price? I have seen that even if there is any change in the price in item master data , the unit price in sales order window reflects the old price, So I think it comes from special price.

Am I correct?

Thanks

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you define special price, system will pickup special price.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Yes, System always check for Special Price.

If System will not found any Special Price then System Choose Other Price.

Please check below link for Special Price.

SAP Business One Special Prices - YouTube

Defining Special Prices in SAP Business One - YouTube

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo882/helpdata/en/45/2365579e152b31e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Hope this helps

--

--

Regards::::

Atul Chakraborty