cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Source Description in Project Management for SAPbydesign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can someone please help me understand the importance of the field "Fund source Description" while setting upm a project task in SAP Bydesign?

How will it affect the rpeorting?

Regards

Aswad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emeka,

Thanks for the explanation. Yes you are right. Fund source description refers to funds you will receive for that particulzr project.

Refer to below screen shot. TI asks you to select Fund source desription whdn you set up project tasks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aswad,

Good to see that your question has been answered. You must have a template for your project set up with the question fund source description.

Regards,

Emeka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aswad,

I cannot find fund source description field in any of my project types set up in Bydesign but from my understanding of project finance, fund source is the source of fund for the project or a certain task in the project.

This means who is paying for the specific task in the project or for the project itself. This will determine if the project work like time or expenses are billable, reimbursable or not. In reporting this will affect the cost of the project as the sponsors of the project will be paying the cost not the company carrying out the project in the case of a billable project.

Regards,

Emeka