cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

displaying custom content based on user's roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have been asked to look for a solution to display custom content based on the current user's roles.

Basically It would be a simple page (or several pages I don't know yet)  that displays links to others systems in the enterpise landscape. Links have to appear but they may be "desactivaded" for some users.

So i'm thinking of a custom portal app in java that display this page embedded in an iview, a test to check the current user permissions and some css / javascript magic to do the trick.

What do you think ? Would there be another solution that I'm missing which doesn't require development ?

I'm open to any suggestion / technology

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there could be many approaches to cater the requirement,few which ca,e in my mind instantly is create saperate roles using service map for links and club them in diffrent groups  no coding  or you can create sapearte html pages of the links based on roles ,make few links deactivate as per role in html and otheres enabled ,create a KM doc iview to house these html and put in diffrent roles as per requirement and then create saperate groups and assign it to user.

on the same page from abap side you can check feasibility of creating the diffrent launchpad using LPD_CUSt and house those in diffrent roles ,you can work with ABAP guys for checking the launchpad feasibility.

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds good,

You can also consider using Service Map iView or Workset Map iView if those links should point to other portal navigation locations:

See more here:

Best Regards,

Tal