cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas - getting to the correct flavor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been working on streamlining transaction IW31 using Personas flavors. My problem is that I don't always go to the correct flavor screen. For example, the first screen, which I built on the SAP Easy Access Menu screen, has a couple of lookup buttons and a Create Work Order button. When I click on the buttons, I might go to the flavor I have created for that item, or I might not.  It seems like whatever flavor, or screen, I was on the last time is where the system takes me. Even when all the flavors for a particular transaction are named exactly the same, the system still doesn’t always go to the appropriate  flavor.  Is there a way to let the system know which flavor, or screen, you want to go to?

Here is an example:

First screen (built on the SAP Easy Access screen):

When I click on Location Lookup, if I was not on the Functional Location List 2 flavor the time before, the system takes me to the screen I was on previously, which in this example is the Basic View screen.  But I really want to always go to the Functional Location List 2 for this transaction.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

karsten_klenz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Debra,

works as designed - when you don't tell Personas which flavor to use for a transaction, the last used for that transaction (or the Basic View directly after startup) is used.

To make sure the intended flavor is displayed you have two options:

1. if your users will only use exactly one flavor you may set this flavor as default, either per user using the "Set as default" item in the Flavor Menu or per user group in the admin transaction
  2. otherwise the Switch Flavor scripting action (Personas 1.04 or 2.02 required) will do the trick, though you have to change all your launch screen buttons to script buttons and after calling the transaction add a script action to select the desired flavor

Best regards,

Karsten