cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install SAP Netweaver 7.4 MaxDB Trial without Cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My problem is that i will install the Netweaver 7.4 on MaxDB as a trial machine on my local test server (not in a cloud).

The test version in a cloud at this link:

On the minisap site (SAP Sneak Preview License Key Request ) i can create an activation code for this system but i can’t find the installation files to download.

But i really won`t a cloud!

On the http://service.sap.com/swdc i have no access for MaxDB, only AIX ;-(

The SAP Support has now answer and told me, that the best place to ask is here 😉

So can every one help me, please?

Thanks and greetings from Germany

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas,  all I can say is that apparently finding and obtaining trial or developer editions of NW 7.4 is an exercise that appears to frustrate many people (obviously including the support engineers, since they just sent you here).  A quick search of SCN shows many, many people asking this same question, and ultimately one well-known non-SAP developer wrote a long but very funny blog about his adventures trying to find... wait for it... a developer edition of NW 7.4 ABAP on MaxDB.  I'm not sure if it will help you find the download link or not... though it may give you ideas... but at least you'll know you aren't alone.

(start of a 4-part series, not 3 as the title suggests)

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hadn`t test it, but i think the Installfiles for Netweaver 7.04 and Netweaver 7.04 developer edition are the same. If this is also on 7.4 right, we can use the standard install files and fill the setup options with the trial options (System 00, ID NSP etc.).

Unfortunately, I have no access to MaxDB downloads, so i can`t test it myself.

Does anyone tried it?

Ciao, Andy

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, the sapexedb.sar version of the kernel is database-specific, so this will not be the same as whatever you are otherwise using.

However, if you have access to a licensed installation, why don't you just create a sandbox system within that installation for them to experiment in?  As long as it's in the same installation number and using the same DB/OS platform, and not marked productive, it shouldn't cause a licensing issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that the kernel is database-specific. My solution mean to install a NW 7.4 MaxDB with the standard install files (i don`t have access to this files) and activate this with a trial key (Systemnumber 00 System-ID NSP).

I can`t use the same DB/OS i have access to download in our SAP-Portal, because its DB2 and i have no skil about DB2 and i have no iSeries in my house 😉

This system is for my own coding @home to create a homeautomation based on SAP 😉

The MaxDB i had install on 7.03 run...run...run..and run 😉

Thanks for helping

Answers (0)