cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Alias Update OPtions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, what's the difference between the following "Alias Update Options" when configuring in CMC LDAP Authetication?

"Create new aliases only when the user logs on"

"Create new aliases when the alias Update occurs"

I don't want my users list to be automatically updated, which one should I use?

If I eliminate one user I don't want it to be automatically updated the next day, with the same user I just deleted the day before. Is that possible? Or at least there is a way avoiding the automatic updating of the list? I'm using BI 4.1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using the "Create new aliases only when the user logs on" will create an alias for the only after the user logs in to the CMC.Before the user logs in only the ldap group will be seen in CMC.

Using the "Create new aliases when the alias Update occurs" will map both ldap groups and users under the user groups into the BI.

However this takes places when you update the ldap plugin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it true update option is only automatic in Crystal Reports Server 2013 (BI 4.1) ? What if I want it to be updated only manually?  My problem is :

In LDAP list I have users : user1, user2, user3.

I want them to be users in BusinessObjects. That's fine. I keep them in my list.

Then one day someone adds user4 to LDAP. I don't want user4 to appear in my BusinessObjects CMC users list, because I don't want this new user to be part of BusinessObjects users.

So I delete it from the list in BusinessObjects CMC.

However the next day user4 appears again in my CMC users list. Why?

No one has hit update option. Is it automatic? How to I avoid this behavior?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

This might be because of the option 'schedule Alias updates' being active.

Basically a schedule is run based on the recurrence that you set to check for new updates on the LDAP server.

If you do not want these updates to occur, you could always cancel the next scheduled update.

So in your case when you deleted user from BI , it still existing on the LDAP server.

Now when the scheduled update must have occured, the user was refreshed again in BI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Swapnil

former_member189884
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just because a user is not IN the CMC users list does not mean they cannot log in. As long as they are in the mapped group they have the ability to log in. The account will be created when they do so.

This is properly managed by having a specific BOE group created on the LDAP server which contains only the users requiring access.

-Josh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I know this post is old but this may help others:

Maybe you could let User4 alias created automatically on Day1 and then Disable User4 so he/she wont have access to BO again.