cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when trying to activate the project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm trying to activate the project that i created as a sample following the steps on the Hana Cloud Documentation web. But when i try to activate the object i'm getting an error message:

I have also noticed that during the setup of my example the trial system i added, which is the one instance i created in the HANA Cloud Cockpit has never been with the green dot that i was expecting, it has always been gray. Doe this has something to do with any authorization or user that i'm missing.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

Francisco Valencia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

probably you have shared your XS project in wrong HANA Repository package.

In the screenshot below you can see that when sharing a project you have to browse to the Repository package that is owned by your development user. It should look like this:

<account_name>trial.<trial_instance_name_that_you_created_from_cockpit>

Unfortunatelly there is not way to unshare and then share again your project

You should create a new xs project, copy content from the existing project into it and share it properly.

best regards

Stoyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stoyan

Thank you very much for replying back. I follow your recommendation but i still face the same issue when trying to activate the project. It lets me share the project with no error message and i'm able to see the project in the workspace repository but still gives me the issue when trying to activate it. Here is how i'm sharing the project:

xtrial1 is the name of the instance i have created in the Hana Trial Cockpit

It is still saying that i don't have the authorization

Thanks in advance for your help

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

I tried the same scenario on JN5 Trial Hana and it worked for me. Then I noticed in your screenshots

that your Develpment Environment (SAP HANA Studio) is quite old. I suppose this is causing all your issues.

Please install SAP HANA Development Tools as described in https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?b0e351ada628458cb8906f55bcac4755.html

best regards

Stoyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stoyan

I'm following the steps to install the eclipse IDE, there is a step that talks about installing a JVM. Is this step required? In case it is, i cannot find the option for a 32 bit install file for the JVM, only for a 64bit system. Do you know where can i get it?

Thanks for your help

Francisco

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

you have to intall "Standard" Eclipse Kepler and install HANA Tools plugins. Oracle JVM will do the job.

When in the documentation have you read about installing JVM? Can you send me a link?

best regards

Stoyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stoyan

I was able to finally activate the project now using the Eclipse Kepler as you recommend, i will follow your next steps for the sample XS project.

I have one extra question, why is the system in Eclipse not showing as green and it keeps saying that the system state cannot be determined even when it was able to connect to it?

Regarding the documentation and the JVM engine, i think i mix the documentation you share with the videos on the SAP academy. The video i was referring to is the one below but the documentation does not mentions that.

SAP HANA Academy - Cloud Platform: 1c. Installing SDK and Runtime - YouTube

I appreciate your help

Thank you

Francisco

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

I have one extra question, why is the system in Eclipse not showing as green and it keeps saying that the system state cannot be determined even when it was able to connect to it?

This is due to the specifics of the connection mechanism for cloud systems. It has no functional impact though, you can work with the system w/o bothering about it.

Cheers,

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vladimir!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stoyan for all you directions, really appreciate it!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stoyan

Sorry to keep bugging you with my questions. I have one extra problem, i follow all the steps on the post and created the view, and all the files that you mention in the post but when going back to the cockpit to test the result by going into the link on the XS application, it opens the new web page but nothing is displayed on it.

Any idea on what else could be missing in the project? Anything else that i need for it to run?

Thanks for your help

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

right click on salesOrderService.xsjs and choose Run-As XS Sevices. Let's see what is returned by the xs service.

best regards

Stoyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stoyan

I fix the problem, i had one of the files created with the first letter in capslock so it looks like inside the actual code the file was being called with no capslock so it was not recognizing it. The weird thing is that i tried to change the name of the file and re-activating the files many times but it didn't work. I ended up re-creating the project completely and it worked.

I have another question, what is the programming language that is used on these XS Projects? Can you recommend any guide or user manual to learn all the details of the syntax of the programming language? I work with SAP but I've been using only ABAP.

Thanks for your help

Francisco

former_member187729
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

the languague that is used is Server-Side Javascript. It is javascript language + some special objects like request, response, db, trace, etc.

For documentation you can check SAP HANA Developer Guide at http://help.sap.com/hana_platform

You can also watch the online course "Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA" from https://open.sap.com/

hope this will help you

Stoyan

Answers (0)