Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Standalone Scrambling Evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have the below specific questions regarding tdms standalone Scrambling:

1) Is there a way to check an estimation of Completion for Standalone scrambling based on the defined Scrambling rules for a system. (As we have DMCMON for TDMS Data transfer -- DMCMON -- Expert Functions --> Performance Monitoring)

2) If it took 5 days for standalone scrambling for a system for scrambling some data, will it take the same amount of time for the second run (after system refresh on the same system) for scrambling the same data? Since the Mapping of the data is same, can TDMS tool uses this to scramble the new set of data?

OR it has to be a new package from the scratch and the same amount of time for any nr of runs?

3) Having a separate "Control" system for standalone scrambling helps in performance in any way? It's not practical to have 5-6 days just to scramble the data on Quality system after system refresh (which itself would take around 10 days for clone and post clone steps) without users be able to use the system.

Thanks,

Smitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha

Please find my response for the questions.

1. To monitor the stand-alone conversion you can use CNVMON in the Execution system. Here you can see details of data records selected, relevant and converted for each table participating in the conversion.

2. If you want to run stand-alone scrambling for the same system (after system refresh) then you have to run a new scrambling package and repeat the process. Unfortunately currently we do not have an option to copy the customizing and reuse the mapping.

3. In your case, we would recommend you to have a separate system as Control system as you need not again repeat the customizing in the scrambling workbench again (i.e. to create scrambling objects again).

Thanks and Regards,

Nirupamaa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nirupama! Can you please also clarify on the below?

1) CNVMON -- Doesn't give me a "Forecast date"  for Scrambling Completion unlike DMCMON --> Expert Functions for the data transfer.

2) For the POC we didn't create any new scrambling rules in the Runtime Workbench; We just used SAP Standard (First name, last name, SSN, DOB) In such case, having a separate Control system would improve the runtime?

3) Can I reuse a package after running one cycle, if the package is not deactivated? For example, if I use a separate control system and run the process tree to completion but without deactivating the package, Can I re-use the package from TDBAS_PHASE_SCRAMBLING phase for the second cycle of the executing system (after system refresh) . Since the "Package Settings" wouldn't change. Basically we are having hard time to get management approval for having the system for 5-6 days just to scramble the data.

Thanks,

Smitha