cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Configuration of Gross Salary ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All;

Could anyone guide me with the configuration of Gross Salary?

As to what the are the processing, cumulation and evaluation classes would be required for the respective wage type.

Consider the following example for solving the query:-

Quarters
Basic Pay
Dearness Allowance
HRA
PERKS
Total for 1 month
GROSS
Quarter 1
Quarter 2
Quarter 3
Quarter 4
TOTAL GROSS

The wage types used for the above parameters are as follows:-

1BAP- Basic Pay

DA1-Dearness Allowance

1HRA-HRA

1PKN-Perks

On executing the simulation run for the employee with above example, the gross salary comes to around 1397916.

Regards

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

if your i month gross salary is 116493 for anuual gross is 116493 * 12 = 1397916 /- only system is calculating correctly. if come up with you exact requirement then any one will suggest you.

see the document what bhagyashree nail is created you will understand the concept of indirect valuation of the wage types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth;

As per the requirement by the client, they want that the exact gross amount needs to be shown on the payslip after running payroll for every period.

Consider that the gross pay for the first month is 116493, hence after running the payroll for the april month the gross pay shown is 116493*12= 1397916/- on the payslip. But the client needs the gross to shown as the total of all the months with exact values for all the payroll periods.

Regards

Chaitanya

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chaitanya

The client is aksing for actual basic i have few questions

What in case if employee Joins or leaves in mid of the month (at this time he wont get full payment)

what in case of LOP (loss of Pay)

Based on basic pay you have some other wage types which are related to Statutory (PF)

How you client want to handle those payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chitanya,

And also ask your client how to find the exact Gross for future months periods in a FY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sikindar,

I have put through these questions to the client they shall revert in a day or two.

Shall post the inputs as soon as i get them.

Regards

Chaitanya

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure .......

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

Problem resolved had to make few changes in the processing class and the cumulation class of few wage types.

Thanks to all the experts who have helped to solve the issues with their valuable inputs.

Regards

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All;

Thanks for all the inputs given . The client has understood the logic behind the display of gross amount on the payslip.

But now I am facing a different issue in regards to cumulation of wage type. The wage type /124 is defined for monthly regular income which is cumulated on monthly basis and the value is being sent to the wage type /410 from which it is feed to /416 wage type which is Gross Amount.

When I run the payroll for current year till Jan 2015, the value of the gross amount displayed is perfect. But as i run it for the month of Feb and March 2015 the values shown is the gross for the current month *2.

Can anyone suggest a solution for the same.

Regards

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the example.

Also check once your cumulation table for /124. Actually that is standard setting.

Regards,

Mahesh $

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chitanya,

There are 2 option available in standard SAP system to calculate yearly gross in India Payroll

1) Due Basis - Calculate base on actual WT generated in RT in respective payroll month & multiply by no. of months left upto end of financial year.

2) Nominal Basis - WT amount consider as per Infotype 8 in respective payroll month & multiply by

no. of months left upto end of financial year.

But this calculation also done in base on that particular payroll month and it is not considering the future IT 8 record.

First method is generally used by all Indian payroll company , because it is correct in respect of Income tax calculation as well as all other statutory calculations.

Please revert if you require any more clarification on the same.

Regards,

Mahesh $

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to make this in IT0008?

Please go through the below document:

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyashree;

The document provided was helpful, but the query is not resolved. As mentioned  by praneeth below the system calculates gross salary as per first month for all the months. But the requirement says that we need to get gross salary cumulating the exact values for all the 12 months. I somewhere feel the problem lies in the configuration of cumulation. Incase you want shall share the snapshots for the configured wage types shortly.

Regards

Chaitanya