cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End-of-maintenance of "Crystal Reports Developer Version for MS Visual Studio"

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44670 , the "end of maintenance" date for "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for MS Visual Studio" is 31-MAR-2015, i.e. only nine months from now.

When will SAP release a new version with a later maintenance date? Or will there be a replacement product?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

Typically we will match the support life cycle to what MS offers. Now, "SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for MS Visual Studio" (CRVS) was originally released for VS 2010. According to MS, support for VS 2010 ends in July of 2015. So, the only question is, why March for CRVS - should it be July? I will ping Program Management and see why the diff.

To add a bit more info. MS will support VS 2012 until 1/9/2018. We should be supporting CRVS (SP 7 and higher) when used with VS 2012 until the same date

And ditto for VS 2013 which ends support in 4/9/2019. E.g.; CRVS SP 9 and higher should be supported in VS 2013 until the same date.

Note that support means that if, say with VS 2010, after official support ends and you find a bug, then it will not be fixed - unless you can repro the issue in a supported environment (e.g.; VS 2012 / 2013). You will also not be able to create phone incidents for any issues when using CRVS in VS 2010. But there is nothing stopping you from asking for help here.

Hope this clears things up and I will update the July / March incongruity.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

Does it mean that SAP Crystal Products - End of Mainstream Maintenance Dates: Current Products document is not actual? I mean there CRVS product only.

There is no division into three separate records having different EoMM (End of Mainstream Maintenance) dates. Or it means that 31-Dec-2015 is the nearest EoMM date within entire product, namely for CRVS RTM - SP6? In this case, nevertheless, why 31-Dec-2015 and not 14-Jul-2015?

May be I have missed something,

Thanks in advance

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct that there is no separation and I just sent an email to the Program Manager to clear it all up. For now, I'd go with the following:

*  SP x would be what ever SP is released before Dec 31, 2015 (probably SP 16)

** SP y would be what ever SP is released before Sept 1, 2018 (SP 26(?))

^  SP z would be what ever SP is released before Sept 4, 2019 (SP 30 (?))

Please note the above are my assumptions / interpretations and the final word from Program Management may be different and would obviously supersede my assumptions . And I will do an update on this thread when I hear anything.

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An update on EOL for CRVS

CRVS has bee aligned to the BI / BOE Release Cycle as opposed to the MS VS Release Cycle.

Thus at this time CR 2008 is aligned with BI XI3.1 - Support ends Dec 2015.

CERVS is aligned with BI 4.1 - Support ends Dec 2016. Note that this may be extended with the release of BI 4.2 and CR 2016.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarification!

donald_guo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Another update, BI 4.1 end of mainstream support was extended to December 2018, and CR4VS end of support was extended to December 2018 as well.

Answers (0)