cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB60 - Tax amount field becomes invisible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In FB60, when I click on calculate tax check box, the Tax Amount field becomes invisible and the tax doesn't get calculated in the posted document.

Please see the below screen shots.

Please provide your viewpoints.

Regards,

VK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of my knowledge, in FB60, the tax amount field will hide when you will tick the calculate tax option.

You can see the tax amount in Tax tab. Have a look into the Tax tab.

Additionally check the similar thread

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Vineet,

Answer from Dev seems to be correct.

If you select the check box calculate tax, system should not allow you to post tax manually.

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

dineshkumar_rengarajan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

I checked in my system. This is the normal behavior of SAP that disables (makes invisible) the Tax Amount field as system restricts the User to manually enter the tax amount when you are checking the 'Calculate Tax' indicator. This field will be enabled only if the 'Calculate tax' check box is unchecked.

Also, as this field is made invisible at the program's screen level, you can check the tax information in the 'Tax' tab as suggested by our experts.

This is controlled at the program 'SAPMF05A' and at the screen level '1200'. Please check the below modules which making the screen difference in FB70 when the 'Calculate tax' check box is ticked.

BR, D'nesh

former_member192833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

One point i want you to check for Tax condition as what is the base value its taking for S6.

check the calculation procedure for your country as check for level 120  is taking which value as base amount . based on which system will calculate 12 %.

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

can you please check the YOu have assigned the GL code tax code S6 . Please check in below screen . Go to FTXP and ebter you country and reporting country .

Enter your tax code .press enter and now choose and please check whether there is any gL code is assigned.

Please also check in FBKP in automatic posting  for tax on sales and Purchases that you have assgnied GL code for MR1 MR 2 and MR 3.

One more thinG please check you key defination as well In OBCN you have define with Posting indicator for MR1 and MR2 and MR3

as per below Screen shot .

former_member183294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet ,

Check Screen layout of FB60 through SHD0

With Regards,

Ganesh

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vineet,

Check the Tax tab , system will show the tax base and value there only. You can check value there in Tax tab.

Regards

Pankaj p

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet,

For the posting of vendor invoice you have to use output tax type i.e. A but you have used wrong input tax type i.e. V.

So please check that once and revert us accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

ravi_89
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi or Sapan,

Can either of you please explain me what is wrong in using a input tax type while creating a vendor invoice?
As per my understanding...

Input taxes are taxes that you would have paid/have to pay when you purchase materials (input for production). Output taxes are taxes that you would be charging the customer while selling materials that are sold (output of your production).

So whats wrong in using input tax type V?

Regards,
Ravi

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

You are correct, I got confused.

I have deleted the comments so that the readers do not get confused after reading it.

Thank you for correcting me.

Br,

Sapan

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes you are correct. I was little confused. Any way thanks for correcting me

Regards,

Lakshmi S

former_member192833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

The Field 'Tax Amount' is used when you dont want system to calculate it and entered manually . This is case where we receive the invoice which has a tax amount entered by vendor , in such case we will mention the tax amount manually instead of automatic.

If you observe carefully whenever you click automatic calculate tax check mark it will get disappear.

you see more info by F4.

Regards

Atul

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

If you select calculate tax option in Tax tab of FB60 then the tax amount field is invisible in basic data tab.

Please unselect that calculate tax option then the required tax amount field is visible.

I have already checked this and it is working fine as defined.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet,

Please check the relevant GL in FS00,the tax category should be * on the control tab.

Br,

Sapan Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sapan,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the GL's control tab and it has the tax category as *.

Regards,

Vineet