cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R&D Projects SAP PS

former_member282774
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on R&D projects where my customer has different Project Types.

Business Example: Lets say a research project goes for 3 years and 90% of the cost incur are expenses and the scope for capital cost would be whenever they buy a machine for that particular project.

1.Would you recommend settling that machine cost for that particular cost or settling that cost across the Projects because end of the day the machine  is going to be an asset to the company across for that particular plant level.(Best practice recommendation needed )

Most importantly,they also have an approval mechanism in their current systems and that approval mechanism doesn't involve any planed costs its just an 'hand to hand approval so the costs incur for "X" particular project before the approval process and after the approval process for the same "X" project so the requirement is "Anyone who access the Project builder must be able to tell this Project "X" is before the approval(Please don't confuse with AR approvals) or this project "X"is after the approval"

Please note:Costs Incur before the Approval and after approval for "X" project

Experts..,please help me out

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

if i right assuming your query then in your business process you have to configure your project as investment project so in such way when project will compete and and it will settle on asset so it will achieve your 1st query

& for 2nd one you have create status profile where you can maintain cost should incurring in both case either project is in approval mode or non-approval mode.

Rest more elaborate your requirement and wait for others comments

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are saying that at the end of the day the machine is going to be asset for the company, i believe you can handle this process using Investment Management functionality. I would suggest you to explore more on this and revert with specific queries.

As for your 2nd part of the query, could you explain it in a more proper sense. Sorry, but i could not understand what the real requirement is.

Regards,

Gokul