cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME POD: LOG_TOOL without TOOL_LIST_DISPLAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

did anybody manage to skip the TOOL_LIST_DISPLAY activity in the POD when trying to LOG_TOOL? In my scenario, I have allways only one Tool Group, therefore selecting a Tool Group prior to select the concrete tool does not make any sence and is a lilltle bit anoying for the operator.

But I guess there is no workaroound, since LOG_TOOL needs a Tool Group. But maybe there is...

Regards,

Andrej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrej,

The system desing expects LOG_TOOL to be used in conjunction with TOOL_LIST_DISPLAY.

However, even though DC_LIST_DISPLAY and DC500 are also tied up together, DC500 can be used without DC_LIST_DISPLAY.

So, you'd simply run some test with LOG_TOOL - maybe it will work.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

thank you for your reply. I think that LOG_TOOL could be used without TOOL_LIST_DISPLAY, but for some reasons it does not work. The activity apears without any selection items, only with disabled buttons - it seems like the dependancy on Tool Group is hardcoded here.

Because of DC500, I also tough that it would work for LOG_TOOL too, as this is a similar use case from the viewpoint of the DB model.

But according to my tests it does not.

Regards,

Andrej

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then this should be brought to consideration of SAP ME Product Owners for final decision whether it is a bug or not. The feature of DC500 to be able to work standalone might be preserved for backward compatibility. But LOG_TOOL appeared in later releases and thus might have a different design.