Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Depreciation Run without any legacy data

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our system went live in Mar, 2014 and our fiscal year is Jan to Dec. there were no legacy asset data taken into system. the users started creating and acquiring assets from Mar, 2014. now we need to post depreciation for the assets acquire in the system for 2014. For this i run AFAB give the depreciation period as  03 as this is the period on which assets started to updated in system. but when i do so the system give me the error that you should post depreciation for period 01 first or run as unplanned depreciation. How can i run depreciation for period 01 as there are no asset for this period in system. and if i run it as unplanned depreciation the system gives no error spool request is also created but i cant see the impact in AW01N. For period 03 depreciation status is still planned and not posted. Can any one guide me how can i carter this scenario?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Maintain last dep.posted as 2014/02 in OAYC for the co.code.

Regards,

Mukthar

mansoor_khan4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Yes its true, check the settings in OAYC which will determine the Period & Year will start in SAP.

from that period you have to run the depreciation.

Regd,

Khan Mansoor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check in T-Code OAYC whether you have mentioned Fiscal Year 2014 and Period 02 as after this setting system will uinderstand that the Depreciation is posted till 02 , 2014 in the Legacy System.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.