cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare parts setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

My requirement regarding Spares parts setup is that, due to some constraints, I can't maintain spares value in mat master setup, i have to put value 0-zero only in mat master but whenever I am using that spare in any work order, the value of that spare should be reflected/posted on work order after MIGO.

Can anyone tells me if you have come across such scenario or do you know any alternate approach which fulfills this requirement.

I was thinking to make use of new Control Key, but dont know how feasible it is.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

As i already mentioned this is a process wherein you have to assign the cost manually to the order and this can be done by manually entering the cost by your FICO colleagues.Try out this solution and if it work, you can always take help of your ABAP colleagues in developing a program for mass upload of material cost in maintenance order via FB01.

Please mark this as helpful or correct, if this solution answers your query.

Regards,

Joydeep

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

As per your requirement, you can only maintain the cost of materials in Order, by manually assigning the cost in the order, as system won't be able to assign the cost of materials directly, since your material master does not have the material value.

Now for manually assigning the material cost in maintenance order, you can ask your FI colleagues to assign the cost of materials to your maintenance order against the desired value categories via FB01.

Please Note: the above mentioned process should only be executed after discussion with your FICO colleagues and analyzing the relevant impacts.

Regards,

Joydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joy for your reply...Is it something that, always we need to give cost details to FI person to post it through FB01? If yes, then it will increase the work of user's.

Is their any other ways to tackle this situation?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PM Amol,

Will these materials always have a zero value?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Pete----Yes, we need to maintain zero value always for all the spares

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your objective is to compute the Spares consumption value, the I'd suggest this way:

1. Maintain a Z-Table for all such Material Codes (where the value in Material master is Zero)  with a field for Value (value given by you).

2. Make a report showing consumption of spares through infoset Query or SQVI.

OR

3. Ask your ABAPer to make one.

Note:

These reports will be based on standard tables like MARA, AUFM, AUFK , your Ztable etc.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs....

with the help of Z-table, I would get spare consumption report but how the actual spare cost will get posted to order...because my requirement is to keep 0 value of that material in mat master though on other hand, I want the spare cost should be booked on work orders & needs to be settled against receiver.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your situation seems can not help any standard reports or values in any standard objects such as Costs tab of Work Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply sir...is their any other way to tackle this requirement.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PM Amol,

This is a very unusual way of handle spare parts..

Can you explain why the standard SAP processes are not satisfactory for you business??

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what my reply was. I fail to find any logic in the requirement, so that I could think for solutions.I doubt something is still missing from your side. If you think it is not, then definitely there won't be any solution.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is re-emphasising on his solution. You should look into it.

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You need to maintain valuation class and moving average price of the material in the materail master ,unless the value of the spare should not pick in the Work order.

Regards,

Srinika

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One answer to this question has to come from your side only. That is, where from system would take the non-zero value?