cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Page Customization in SAP Portal 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am planning to change the look and feel of the Logon Page for Portal.

The current page is already a customized one.

For making the changes, I requested and got the following files.

1. tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war from <drive>:\\usr\\sap\\<SID>\\J00\\j2ee\\cluster\\apps\\sap.com\\com.sap.security.core.logon\\servlet_jsp\\logon_ui_resources\\tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war

and

2.  tc~sec~ume~logon~logic_api.jar from drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.logon\servlet_jsp\logon_app\root\WEB-INF\lib

The below is the screen shot of nwa/auth properties.

The file which was sent to me and the properties look like, standard logon module only.

I am not sure if the file is the custom one. How to find if its customized. In the layout folder, I couldn't fine any images in the current custom logon page.

I don't have access for deploying the ear. I have to send to the Server team and they only will be able to deploy.

Kindly advise me on how to proceed with.

Kind Regards,

Jelbin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelbin,

Check this links for customization of the portal logon page,

Hope it will help you.......

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

Thanks for the reply.

I already imported

the war file tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war to my local machine (NWDS) from

<Installation drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.logon
\servlet_jsp\logon_ui_resources\tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war

The current logon page we are using is already a customized one. (The par file from 7.0 was converted and put the same for 7.3).

The war file, I got from the basis team looks like the standard one. Now, I am really afraid, if I change the standard logon page (Customizing Logon Page on Portal 7.3) and if something goes wrong, I need to put the current logon page and I dont have any backup of it. The basis team is not able to locate the current logon file on the server.

Kind Regards,

Jelbin 

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take the back of tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war file, i mean keep it in the zip format and store it in your local location of your machine and try to do customize.

If anything goes you can deploy the war file which we have kept in local machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK.. Thanks.

But its still the SAP standard Logon Page.

I dont know where the customized logon page is located in the server.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

Here is the location

<Installation drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.logon

\servlet_jsp\logon_ui_resources\tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war

once you deploy the customized war file  it will be stored in the above location. Take the help of the basis team to get the war file.

Regrds,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I followed the steps correctly only.

Should I create a different authschemes.xml ?

if so, kindly help me with the steps.

Kind Regards,

Jelbin

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

here is the standard link for logon page customization for NW7.31 check it:

Developing a Custom Logon Screen - Developing Authentication Enhancements on the AS Java - SAP Libr...

if your are modifying a existing custom logon page first you will be requring the source code of that custom logon page ,Get it and import it in NWDS and follow the steps mentioned in standard help.

if source code is not available ask your server team to provide the custom logon page EAR file ,reverse engineer it by importing the EAR in NWDS and modify it as per your requirement and following the steps mentioned in help.

to know if you are modifying the correct EAR go to application.xml and check what is the application alias mentioned over there same will be configured in NWA under alias for application for login

as per your screenshot its mentioned as /new_logon

<context-root>new_logon</context-root>

Also check the J2EE engine .xml and check if you have your client name mentioned as company name.

Other check you can do id check images in the war file if those are present which are appearing on logon page when open,you can right click on image on opened portal logon page and get its name check in NWDS imported project war file if those images are present.you can do other chaecks in rendered code as per your customization to confirm if you are modiftyinfg the correct logon page ear or war file.

i guess if you dont have any the previous custom ear it might be under your provider location and application alias folder location not sure of it though :

<Installation drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\<providername>\com.sap.security.core.logon

\servlet_jsp\new_logon\tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war

you can ask your server team if they found any war file in folder <provider name> or application alias folder or how many war file they found if they search with tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war file ,aks them to give the one which is situated in your <client/provider.com > folder.

hope this helps.

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addiiton to above as a good practice and must be followed while customizing the standard page you should give your client.com name as provider name to avoid any overwriting to standard logon .

so later on if you waned to revert standard page then you just need to change the application alias for logon application in NWA to default one which is logon_ui_resources .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

Thank you very much. Now I require another help.

We not have authorization to deploy the application directly from NWDS.

So, I sent the war file to the server team and asked them to paste in the same location of the old war file(replace the old war. Please note, this war is not the SAP's standard logon war. The old was in a different location and is a customized one).

Server team restarted the system. But the changes are not coming. Its still looking the old one. Since, I just replaced the old war, I didn't do any change with the xml files.

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Jelbin

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure of directly placing the war as a good practice youbshould bundle the war in ear as mentioned in the help link and give it to your basis server team for deployment through sdm or jspm

Try clear the browser cache and see if helps else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the help link with me.

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sharing it again:

Developing a Custom Logon Screen - Developing Authentication Enhancements on the AS Java - SAP Libra...

create the ear bundle the war moodule in ear,and adjust the ear xmls, as mentioned in the help link as per your provider name and application alias ,make sure there are no build errors in EAR ,test it on your sand box and then move ahead .

you can also provide the new application alias (changes required in NWA as well to reflect the new alias)and in case of any issue after deployment revert to he old one in nwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

I completed the changes successfully. Now there is another issue.

In development environment, it works perfectly fine.

I quality its showing background color as blue, instead of white

Quality

Development

I have kept white only and, the same .ear only deployed in Quality.

Do you have any clue on this.

Kind Regards,

Jelbin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelbin,

It is difficult to tell the exact cause behind this kind of behavior.

However, please use the f12 Developer Tools to inspect the screen elements and test the above behavior.

Please compare your dev portal login page with your qas portal login page and see if there is any difference between the two.

Let me know the outcome of the comparison.

BR,

Anurag

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please clear cache and check if if you are using diffrent browser for QA by any chance?

Also if QA is HTTPS then you have to replicate your changes in certlogon.jsp page as well,check what css is getting called in http watch trace for both the systems QA and Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddharth,

Thank you very much for your support.

I made some small changes in html itself and its working fine now.

BR,

Jelbin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

The file moved and deployed into QA here is not displayed what i have made changes in logon page.

dev is successfully displayed.

the EAR file deployed by Basis team after that displayed standard one

i have checked certlogon.jsp in QA and DEV. both content same.

could we find any difference in certlogon.jsp QA and DEV

Could you please guide on what is issue in QA?

urgent requirement..

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devi,

Please  follow steps to change back to the previous state.

1. http://<host>:<port>/nwa?j_username=<username>&j_password=<password>

For error resolution, you will have to paste some logs, which you can get from the server directory, in case you are not able to access NW

The Logon Page actually contains very simple code. Please use trial and error method. You may use F12 Developer Tools to inspect the screen elements in IE.

You can make use of some firebug add-on in Firefox to find out the area where changes are required.

BR,

Jelbin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you still getting a blank page as shown in the first picture? or are you able to logon with ur username and password.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still i am getting blank page as i shown in the picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelbin,

I made some changes in logon page code, But when i am trying to preview it. I am unable to see the result.

Please find the screenshot for your reference

Regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devi,

Please scroll up and follow the steps exactly. You will be able to see the changes only when you deploy the changes on server.

Also, please read the below links as well.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27909

Please let me know if you face any issue.

BR,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelbin,

I had created the context root with the name logon in application.xml file. I deployed the application and i made the changes in NWA properties.

Please find the screenshot for ur reference

After refreshing the portal we are not able get the changes what we had made. Its showing the blank screen.

We have removed the brandingImage and we place our own custom images with the same pixel size but we are not able to preview the image in portal

Please help me resolving this issues.

Regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelbin,

We are also having same kind of requirement what you have done. Actually our requirement is to customize the logon page(just like gmail login page). we want to remove the branding-image-portal.jpg but i am unable to find the jpg file in the code. So could please provide the code how did u removed the branding-image-portal and the changes you made.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Devi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devi,

Are you trying to work with the standard Logon application or a customized one.?

If you are working with the standard Logon Page,

First, delete the values in the below two marked entries; and see the result. Please do not change any other values.

It wont requires any restarts. Please let me know the result.

BR,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelbin,

Thanks for the response..

I am looking for the customized one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Devi,

Can u pls share the screen shot?

BR,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jelbin,

Actually till now i made some changes what you have specified in the previous message. Now i need to customize that code then i will place the screenshots for that.

Regards,

Devi

LJB
Contributor
0 Kudos