cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting future sales orders all material requirement.

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement in our company :

The Material is Having Strategy Group as 20 for our product ( Make to Order Scenario)

The requirement is such that the sales team get some forecast sale orders from the customers which are intimated to Production team manually to keep the analysis; but based on the forecast order details they are not executing anything; once the sale order is confirmed by the customer then then only the production teams will do the planning (MRP) and production execution.

How can i send the forecast sale order details to production through system on for his analysis purpose.

But we need to use strategy 20 for our business.

Please tell  how to resolve our requirement.

Thanks in Advance !!

Thanks,

Kesava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

best way to map this in SAP is to use strategy 50 ( which is also a make to order strategy ) instead of 20...

Check the below link..

http://cwwongsap.blogspot.com/search/label/~%20PP%20Planning%20Strategy%2050

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Thanks for quick reply..

Strategy 50  allows to procure materials by planned order conversion up to FG level and FG manufacturing happens once sale order confirmed.But my client don't wants to procure,wants only analysis to be happened like procurement timing, quantities and list of materials.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao..

Common man... if they do not want to procure then what is the problem???..it is fine ..

in MD04 of all down level materials they will get to know what quantities are required and on what dates ( in your term analysis ) once you carry out MRP run for FG's after placing the PIR's for FG.. Once the sales orders are received then only ask them to start procuring.

Thanks

Kumar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If i understood your business requirement, you want to see the sales order on MD04, but you don't want to plan it until the customer confirmation. Is that right?

On the requirement class customizing (transaction OVZG) there is a setting called 'No MRP', where you can set the value '1 - Requirement not planned, but displayed'.

Your sales order should be created with a requirement type assigned to this requirement class. Later, when the customer confirm the order, you should change the requirement type to the default used by strategy 20.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see SAP Docu for how to define stock keeping level

Stockkeeping at Different BOM Levels - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano/Kumar

My requirement is similar as strategy 50 works but the planned orders which generated for all levels by PIR should only for analysis purpose and not convertible. I have to test that can we do LTP with inactive version of PIR with strategy 50. There is any way that we can make those planned orders as not convertible.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

If you want non-convertible planned orders for all levels then maintain Individual/coll as 1 in material master MRP4 view for all the down level materials. Once you do this setting re run MRP you will get non convertible planned orders for down level materials..

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

If I did like that when i run mrp for confirmed  sale order is it generates convertible planned orders.

As I am in AS IS couldn't able to test.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Thanks for the reply. Once I check then i will confirm you.

Regards

Kesava

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

One more question here... if we use strategy 50 for FG then the same strategy will be used for second level of SFG materials to allow to do production and to procure raw materials.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain strategy and consumption parameters for FG material. No need to maintain strategy for down level materials except Individual/coll as 1...

Check the link I sent in my first reply..

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

I am in testing the above in my IDES. I was cerated FERT with Ind/coll as 2 and strategy 50. One HALB with no strategy and Ind/coll blank same ROH. When enter PIR and execute MRP system Running MRP for only FERT not for for HALB and ROH. Any thing I am missing here.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep Ind/coll as 1 for FERT and keep blank for SFG,ROH and then run MRP and check...

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

I Have given Indi/Coll as 1 for FG and remaining all as blank. Then also same.

Is it any other settings needed.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the exact issue..down level materials SFG and ROH are not getting planned or do you have any other issue..

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Yes... Down level SFG and ROH materials are not getting planned.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there could be lot reasons for this...

already enough stock might be there...

check the MRP type..is it ND?

already existing production orders for SFG and PR's for ROH might be there...

check all these things and let me know...

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Just now I created all materials.. MRP type is ND.. There is no stock for HALB and ROH.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If MRP type is ND system will not plan the materials...change it to PD and run MRP for FG again and check...

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Kumar

MRP type is PD only...

All master data is created.

Regards

Kesava

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there could be BOM selection problem during BOM explosion..check for the same..check the selection method in MRP4 for FG material..also when you do MRP for FG material through MD02 select the option of Display material list..once you do MRP system will all show all the list of materials planned along with FG material...check this and revert..

Thanks

Kumar

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Problem solved. I am having default user parameter with other requirement. Then i changed that noe it working. Thank you kumar.

Regards

Kesava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kesava,

Just a thought maybe, if you are thinking of having planning run only for analysis purpose, cannot LTP be used?

Best Regards.

Rajen