cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 Multiple Errors on Event Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My client uses BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 1 Patch 1. During the past 2 days, there have been several errors logged on the Event Viewer on the BO server. Now, the infoview platform is unresponsive and just hangs for all the users. On having a look at the Services in CMC, the WebI Processing Server status was "STARTING" though nobody had manually tried to stop/start it. So, when I checked the event viewer fr any further errors, there were several repetitive errors which were logged:

1) Log Name:      Application

Source:        Server Intelligence Agent

Date:          22/07/2014 20:04:44

Task Category: Error

Level:         Error

Description:

Server Intelligence Agent: server BO.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer is being recycled.

2) Log Name: Application

Source: BusinessObjects_cms

Date: 23/07/2014 06:29:57

Task Category: Database

Level:         Warning

Description:

Database access error. Reason [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 60) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.. (FWB 00090)

(This warning is recorded multiple times)

3) Log Name: Application

Source: BusinessObjects_cms

Date: 23/07/2014 09:47:38

Task Category: OSCA_Services

Level: Error

Description:

CMS Server Watcher: server named 'W2K8R2_BO.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer' is being marked as down because it is unresponsive

(This error is recorded multiple times within 20 minutes). IT restarted the server and BO is now working fine.

I could not locate any other errors which would give me some more insight to the root cause of these errors. Could someone share some useful posts/links about similar kinds of errors? I tried to search on the forum, and i see suggestions stating that it could be related to network or connectivity. I'm not quite sure though.

Many Thanks

DE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

there are multiple reasons for these deadlock`s. I would recommend you search the SAP Notes Databse for "deadlock" - you get a lot of results.

The most common one is a misconfigured Search Engine within SAP BI. Configure the Search as followed by these Best Practices and check if the deadlocks still occur.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1640934

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sebastian

We had to restart the SIA and the deadlock issues stopped appearing. For a couple of hours everything was running fine, until we noticed the following errors.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 23/07/2014 13:04:16

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Description:

Faulting application name: WIReportServer.exe, version: 14.1.1.1072, time stamp: 0x52310a77

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c40f2

Faulting process id: 0x1b68

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa65efeb52f5b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\WIReportServer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: d95bdba2-1269-11e4-x3x3ds-6c3be5befa0c

Log Name: Application

Source: Server Intelligence Agent

Date: 23/07/2014 13:04:22

Event ID:      4096

Task Category: Error

Keywords: Classic

User:          N/A

Description:

[Node Name:BO]

[User Name: BO$]

Server Intelligence Agent: server BO.WebIntelligenceProcessingServer stopped unexpectedly.

The WIPS restarted itself. Is there a definite root cause for this issue?

Many thanks

DE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you observe that the webi processing server got restarted automatically? This can be checked from the CMC servers section for date modified of webi processing server and confirm whether it has a similar timestamp.

It might have happened that the CPU memory got spiked to a high level and hence the server got re-initialized by itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Yes, I did check the time stamp when it was last modified, and it is the time when the service restarted itself. On the event viewer of the BO server, I noticed that the same set of errors that I have mentioned above, have repeated everyday at a particular time in the afternoon. So I will monitor it today during that time to identify any possible causes.

But, in the mean time, there's more troubl. Since this morning, we've been getting the following error when we try to RUN any BO report:

Database Error: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.. (IES 10901) (ERROR: INF)

But, we checked that the connectivity from the BO server to the SQL server is fine, we did a ping test and its responding. We tried running a few queries on the DB and it works. We tested the universe connection and it works. what else can we check? Any idea?

Regards

DE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, Just a quick update, we found that the root cause for the error mentioned below:

Database Error: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.. (IES 10901) (ERROR: INF)

We checked the universe connectivity, that seemed to be fine. But while parsing objects, several objects belonging to different data base tales didnt seem to parse. So, we went back to the DB, and noticed that those tables weren't found in those schemas.  So we're just trying to find out more about the missing tables.

On the other hand, if we create any report that didnt use any of those tables, then it worked just fine.

Regards

DE

Answers (0)