cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export list of portal content to excel for comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have the problem that I have to support a SAP Portal where Dev, Qas and Prod systens are not consistent. Many objects do not exists in Dev or are renamed. So I like to compare the portal content hierarchy of these systems e.g. with help of excel. But I do not know a way to export the portal content hierarchy or a list of objects used. Any ideas about this?

Regards,

Nils

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No standard components will meet your requirement as far I know. Use PCD API and Apache POI to do it on your own. Excel is imho not the best method to do that, even on "smaller" portals excel sheets will became very quick confusing.

The simplest and cheapest way to face this problem is to do a manual adjustment by exporting/importing PCD content, using one of the systems as reference. I can imagine also to write a kind of PCD synchronizer APC to compare/correct PCD content on different EPs, but thats a bigger investment

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The problem is that there are objects with the same name but different ID (perhaps they was created in production manually instead of transport it from dev). So I started with transporting missing objects, but in many cases I have duplicate objects sometimes in different or also the same folder. So I like to get a better overview which e.g. iView is doubled. To have an automatic sync is not neccessary. It is more or less to get a checklist where to look.

Cheers,

Nils

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nils, Im famliar with the point of adding numbers to id's of PCD duplicates, thats not the point. If you will transport the whole content, including roles and worksets, you will notice the portal navigation will point you to the "proper" objects, since those are containing links to the correct id's and, assuming your import is consistent. Delete the whole custom PCD content on target first, import your stuff in a clean state from reference, thats it.

Indeed, its not an excuse to keep PCD dirty, apparently you need to work on it nevertheless. And:

To have an automatic sync is not neccessary. It is more or less to get a checklist where to look.

I got your point, but following that logic you also dont need any excel sheets, you can do it manually. I guess what you was thinking about is a tool, what shows you differences or in other words potential problems in the PCD of different EP's. So, there is no such tool. Additionally if you write one on your own, wouldnt it be nice to correct the differences instead of manual PCD explorer or transport actions?

Your requirement is well known for me, people are raising this e.g. they want to point in source of custom WDAs to portal components over the PCD Id, in that case it has to be identically on all systems for clear reasons.

cheers

Answers (0)